Just had gastric banding on Monday

lee77
on 3/21/09 1:51 am - MA
Just seeing if anyone here has recently had the gastrc band surgey and am wondering what you experience has been like? I had my done at Tufts Medical Center. It was a great experience, but now that I am home and on my own it would be nice to share with others the lapband journey.

9cc's in 11cc REALIZE Band. 5 fills, 1 unfill    
nicunicu2002
on 3/21/09 2:17 am - Sharon, MA
Lee...congrats on your surgery!! 

hopefully you will get responses on the mass forum from other banders, but you might want to try the LB forum on here as well..you will probably get more responses.

good luck in your journey

kim

michellemc0
on 3/21/09 5:29 am - bridgewater, MA
Hi there,
COngrats on your surgery!  I just had my "Immersion Day" at Tufts and will be done with their program the first week of June.  I am very interested in hearing your story!!  I will be having the band as well.
Keep us updated; please let me know about your journey as I am on my way and can't wait until getting that surgery date!
Best,
Michelle
lee77
on 3/21/09 10:15 am - MA

Hi Michelle!  How did you like Immersion Day?  Youc an read my story on my profile and I began a blog there as well!  Look forward to getting to know you!  Good luck with the program and let me know when you have your surgery date!!

jazzyone30
on 3/21/09 8:20 am
Hi Lee ... i had my surgery with julie kim, realize band :) mine was done 18 days ago..i agree with you on the experience .. i loved everyone there :) the advice i can give you is it does get better ... :) i was going out of my mind and thought i would be on liguids for ever.. :) but im on stage 4 now and have a little more variety... :) where in mass are you ??? congrats :) and welcome to the band camp :) if you ever want to take send me a messge :) 

lee77
on 3/21/09 10:17 am - MA
I am in Salem, MA.  where are you?  I am getting a little sick of protein shakes, yogurt and egg beaters, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I weighed myself today and I have already lost 4 pounds since Monday which is encouraging!  I am now down to 247!!  Thanks for replying to my post!  Keep in touch!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views