Anyone here have BCBS PPO out of MA

hopelilly68
on 3/15/09 10:21 am
I do through Liberty Mutual and I was wondering if you do how long did it take for them to get back to you w/ an approval. I can't wait to get this party started.
BJC
on 3/16/09 12:56 am
i have blue cross/blue shield...........HMO blue ...i was told  4-6 weeks ....i am going through the process now and hoping for surgery in mid June ....Good luck.
suzieeQ
on 3/16/09 2:54 am
Hi,

I have  HMO Blue  New England and just had my surgery this past Thursday....  The insurance company  approved me right away and have paid for everything so far except the co-pays....  I went through  Mass General Hospital Weight Center and the surgery was done at Mass General Hospital......... I started  this journey with my first appointment in September so it took about 6 months.....

Good luck to you on your journey!!!!
BJC
on 3/16/09 4:46 am
wow thanks for sharing ....i think they say 4-6 so your not bugging themall the time and with good reason....
jdr1208
on 3/17/09 2:29 am - Worcester, MA
i have bcbs excellus ppo of rochester ny. i am still in the appointment period right now. i have my last behavioral tomorrow then off to the surgeon. i heard its a pretty quick approval rate for some and slow for others. good luck!
RazzyRobyn
on 3/17/09 5:31 am - West Boylston, MA
Good Luck tomorrow!!

I am still waiting for an appointment from the surgeon's office. :) I am just trying to be paitent.  :)

Feel free to contact me after you beahviorial if you want to chat!

Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

hopelilly68
on 3/17/09 5:55 am
I'M APPROVED!!! it was less than a week Dr. sent info to insurance last Wed. they called this morning w/ approval and to schedule it will be Apr 15 or 17 for realize banding!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/09 10:04 am - east falmouth, MA
I love my blue cross insurance (HMOBLUE NE)  they approved me in a couple of days and have been great about everything...We pay through the nose, but they hae done their part... I think you have nothing to worry about!  good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views