does anyone else see Dr. Mun?

redheadcurlz
on 3/10/09 2:00 am - Weymouth, MA
Hi.. I was wondering if anyone has had surgery or is going to have surgery with Dr. Mun.  As some of you have probably heard he lost his 16 yr old daughter last month. What a traggic loss for his family.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if he was back in the office.  I am scheduled for surgery in  2 wks with him.  I hear great things about him and the Faulkner Hospital.   
  Red

Discovery02466
on 3/11/09 11:30 am - Newton, MA
Hi Red-
I had Dr. Mun as a surgeon...yes...it was a terrible tragedy...I did hear that many appointments were cancelled in the last few weeks for obvious reasons...My best friend's Mom has a consult scheduled in the next week and its still on, so I am guessing he is back?  Good luck to you...

~Jenn

redheadcurlz
on 3/11/09 11:38 am - Weymouth, MA

I believe he is back.. I ended up calling yesterday to see if my surgery was still scheduled for March23rd and it is still on..l spoke with his assistant. She did say that they may have to call some patients to see if they would be willing to postpone.,.. if their schedules allowed them to.  I told her unfortunately mine is not flexible.  I already put in for the time off and I have four kids.. my mom put in some days off from her job as well as my fiance to help out with running the household... in case he feels overwhelemed.. lol.. by the way you look great!

Red

shutterbug88
on 3/11/09 12:47 pm - South of Boston, MA
My pre-op appointment was cancelled but  reschedualed it for April 23rd, which seems a lifetime away, but I understand with everything going on...I feel so bad for him and his family.

Good luck on your surgery!!!  tonight was the LASTmeeting for my 6 month supervised meetings! YAY!  I have everything completed!
Now I only hope that Cigna approves me.
redheadcurlz
on 3/11/09 8:59 pm - Weymouth, MA
congrats on completed your 6 month supervised meetings! when was your appt originally scheduled for? i go to the hospital Monday to meet the anesthegioligist.. i know i messed up on that spelling.. good luck with everything 
  Red

shutterbug88
on 3/12/09 9:01 am - South of Boston, MA
My original appointment was for Feb 17th...
Good luck on Monday! Will that be a long appointment? What will they do at the appointment?
redheadcurlz
on 3/12/09 12:35 pm - Weymouth, MA
to be honest i am not really sure how long the appt is or what they do.. i believe they go over your pre-op results and ask questions about your medication etc... and explain what you will be doing the day prior to to your surgery and answer any questions you may have.. i am not sure what else they may do.. i think i am going to post that
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views