Looking for a friendly doctor not against weight loss pills

minmon18
on 3/10/09 3:46 am - Acton, MA
Hey does anyone know of a doctor in the greater boston area that is easy to talk to and not against prescribing weight loss medication.
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/09 3:57 am - Ashland, MA
I can't help you on this one.  I have had three doctors in my adult life and NONE of them would even consider prescribing diet pills for me. 
NeedhamGal
on 3/11/09 6:04 am - MA
same here...they did not feel that the pills on the prescription market were safe or not effective.They were always willing to authorize psych visits or visits to a nutritionist to help.
I will tell you my sister lost a ton of weight with the Alli over the counter medication.   She had started dieting and then added the Alli and it did her each week loose. It took her 13 months, and I would say she lost 80 pounds. (She wont' tell us)

Joan
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 11:06 pm, edited 3/14/09 11:07 pm - Togo
Diet pills can be very dangerous and cause dramatic changes to the heart later on down the line. I wouldn't touch those if I were you.

They are addictive as well. Once people start losing weight that way they can never get away from them. Plus the fact that you will very unhealthy, unstable, and unreliable with your emotions and behavior.

They are 'speed'. They are sold are the streets to drug addicts.

I wouldn't go that route if I were you !!

I just re-read your post "looking for a friendly doctor not against weight loss pills". Are you already taking them?! Drugs?! Are you looking for a legitimate doctor to keep you in supply ?!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views