Did your hospital's program satisfy your insurance requirements?

michellemc0
on 3/5/09 4:29 am - bridgewater, MA
Hi there,

I have Aetna and I'm going through Tuft's NEMC for (probably) Lap Band.  Tufts has a very comprehesive 3-month program.  I'm trying to determine if the program will satisfy Aetna's 3-month program.  (contacting Aetna's member services has been of no help so far; they say to consult the "Plan Document", but the plan document speaks in broad strokes and doesn't fill in the details.  

I just met with the psychologist at Tufts today and I'm on my way.  I just want to maximize my chances for insurance approval.  Thanks in advance.

Michelle
I just sent you a PM!  I hope others will post on this thread too.
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

purplefans
on 3/5/09 8:59 am - MA
Hi - Can't help with Aetna, but maybe the administration at Tufts has had some experience with Aetna, they should be able to give you some sort of idea.  Best of luck!

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/09 9:41 pm - Ashland, MA
When I went through the pre-op stuff with the doctor, they knew how many visits I needed to make the insurance happy and what they required.  I didn't have to worry about any of that.  So I suggest you consult your doctor.  Good Luck!
Kathy V.
on 3/5/09 11:40 pm - MA

My guess is that the program at TUFTS knows exactly what each insurance requires.  If they didn't, they'd lose alot of patients. 

.....kathy   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views