just had surgery on tuesday

jazzyone30
on 3/4/09 10:19 pm

Hi all i just had my surgery on tuesday and was wondering if anyone else had a problem with gas... im in pain with gas ..i have been walking like crazy but it doesn't seem to be going away...has anyone else experienced this... plus did anyone else have a hard time eating for the first time afterwards.. i finally ate today and really only had 1/3 of a protein drink.. is that normal ??thanks

nicunicu2002
on 3/4/09 10:59 pm - Sharon, MA
Hi Jazzy...

Congrats on your recent surgery!!  I know the gas is perfectly normal, and walking will definately help it...just give it some time.

As for your post op questions, I had a RNY and cant answer the question regarding eating, altho it does sound perfectly normal to me.  I would advise you to go into the lap band forum and ask there.  Im sure they can give you all kinds of advice!!

Again, congrats on your surgery and good luck!

Kim

rockysmom
on 3/5/09 10:56 am - Dartmouth, MA
Hi!  Congrats on your surgery.  EVERYONE has problem with gas -- it is painful, keep walking! 
I had RNY, so I can't tell you what to expect -- did your surgeon give you an idea of how much you should be able to eat?  If you're not sure, you should call and ask. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views