How many protein drinks per day....

malonsonm
on 3/2/09 2:55 am
I have started my protein drink only diet (surgery 2 weeks from today) and was wondering if there was a certain amount that is the right amount of drinks. I've had 2 already today, planning on a third in another hour or so, but just wanted to know from other peoples experience whats a good amount. Also, what are/were your favorite brands of protein shakes/drinks. I am experimenting now to see if I find any better than others, but would like to hear from others that have favorites that I can go buy and try. Thanks

Michelle
nicunicu2002
on 3/2/09 3:11 am - Sharon, MA
Michelle:

I would go by the instructions that your physician would like for you to follow.  For me, I had two protein drinks a day and one meal that was well balanced.  Call the office and they will instruct you on what to do.

Good luck!

Kim

Magyargal
on 3/2/09 9:41 am
Hi Michelle,  

I can't help you with the drinks. I thought we were allowed cottage cheese, eggs, purred soups and other purred foods too, for the pre diet. I have to write these questions down to ask him.  

Did you get any more information from Dr Ameri, besides the package we were given at the meeting? I mean how how are we to know how to eat?  What we are allowed to eat?  and when eat if we are not told? YIKES!!! 

Dr. Ameri is kind of strict. But that is why I choose him!  I need that kind of surgeon! He is also very sweet and gentle. He encourages his patients too. But he doesn't take... I can't do it for an answer! Thank God! 

I want a Surgeon to let me know I am letting him down,  and tell me if  I'm doing it all wrong! Or I'm not following his rules. I don't want to be yelled at. But I didn't want a wishy washy Surgeon!

I wish you the best,  I wish I could help you dear. Please PM me to let me know how you are doing. And if you found anything you like to eat and drink..Hugs Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

jayner
on 3/3/09 5:19 am - Littleton, MA
hi Michelle,

My favorite protein drinks are Vanilla by Unjury and Cappuccino by Matrix. During my protein drink phase I would warm water to 130 degrees and slowly add it to the Cappuccino protein powder to prevent lumps. I drank it every morning. sometimes your pouch likes warm drinks. With both powders I would often make smoothies in the blender with skim milk and ice cubes. Even 10 months out, I use the vanilla powder and add half a scoop to yogurt to boost the protein.

good luck,

Jayne

brendastewart
on 3/3/09 11:54 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Michelle,

Dr. Ameri wants you to follow the same Stage 1 liquid diet, 6meals per day including protein supplements.  This is the one you will follow for 4 weeks post surgery.  Presurgery I would usually have 2 protein drinks on occasion I had 3.  I bought GNC Extreme 60 Chocolate and Vanilla.  1 scoop is 20g of protein mixed with 1 cup of skim milk 8g of protein for a total of 28g per drink.  Presurgery I would also mix that with a yogurt and about 6 ice cubes and make a smoothy.  One day I mixed Choc pudding with protein and skim milk and ice cubes.  That was good.  Postsurgery I don't think I could get that much down so I just mix 1 scoop w/skim milk.

Liquid Diet:
decaf coffee and tea
fruit juices diluted with water (one part juice, four parts water)
crystal light, nutrsweet Kool-Aid, Fruite H2O (diluted with water to minimize sweetness)
Diet drinks (No Carbonation)
Broth
Skim milk or lactaid milk
sugar free pudding, popsicles and Jell-O
Unsweetened applesauce
Milkshakes with skim milk
yogurt without fruit pieces.

Hope this help,
Brenda

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

malonsonm
on 3/3/09 9:10 pm
Thanks, this was very helpful! I had the stage 1 diet instructions, but this has clarified it for me alot and given me some ideas. thanks so much
Magyargal
on 3/5/09 1:28 pm
Hi Brenda,
      Oh Bummers!! We are not allowed cottage cheese!! Thank you for the help Brenda. I will copy and paste this information... I want to follow Dr. Ameri's rules to a T... Alizka 

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views