finished pre surgical skills...

jdr1208
on 2/24/09 11:07 pm - Worcester, MA
ok so last night was my last pre surgical skills group class and i just made my behavioral meeting. i guess from here i meet with the behaviorist (on march 18th) and then they send my name over to the surgeon... im not sure what to expect? what will those meeting be like? any idea of a realistic time frame? the class leader last night gave so many time frames i got lost in it, and then she settled on "not long" but i wasnt sure. also didn anyone have any problem with out of state insurance? i have bcbs of rochester ny... when i called they said they covered it but im still worried because its out of state. any insight would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks all!
RazzyRobyn
on 2/25/09 1:43 am - West Boylston, MA
You are lucky you got your appointment so soon. I have to wait until April. I am so disppointed. I have to have my surgery in the summer due to my job, I am concerned I will have to wait till next summer since they are so backed up.

I wish I could answer your questions above, but I too don't know about the time frames. Good luck to you.
jdr1208
on 2/25/09 1:50 am - Worcester, MA
thanks, amazingly enough the receptionist when i called this morning (who was kind of rude and seemed super exasperated that i was even daring to bother her) gave me a date and my some luck i could take it off!
i noticed youre in worcester are you going to umass? did you by chance just finish the classes last night too?
RazzyRobyn
on 2/25/09 3:15 am - West Boylston, MA
Yes, I just finished class last night and I plan to go through UMASS for the gastric bypass.  I emailed Jenny and asked to be put on my Behaviorist's cancellation list... hopefully I will get an appointment sooner than April.  :)

Feel free to contact me if you ever have questions. Also, are you going to the support group at the medical school tomorrow? it's at 6:00, I am planning to attend. Maybe we could meet up and sit next to each other or chat before the meeting. It's just a thought... no pressure.  :)

Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

jdr1208
on 2/25/09 3:32 am - Worcester, MA
marcie- thanks for the insight! let us know when you get your appointment!

robyn- i thought the situation about having to wait until june sounded familiar. i think you sat behind me last night at the class. i would so love to go to the support groups! unfortunately unless it was on a friday night or a weekend i cant. i have a really ill husband and a 14 month old and my husband cant do all the bed time prep himself so its pretty crucial that im home at least by 7. and i dont get home from wor****il 6:30 anyway (i commute 2 hours each way) its lame. id love to meet up with people who are going through the same thing or have gone through it. now if there was a saturday class where i could take my kid id be all over it!
marcie B.
on 2/25/09 3:10 am
i finished my classes in dec.. meet with the behav dr. on jan 19 ..she just asked how i felt about the classes and asked a few questions.. she then said it sounded like i was ready and that they would be calling me with a appt to meet my surgeon.. i got a call two weeks later. with dr.czerinack...(not spelled right). my appt was feb 24.. it was a long appt first robin the nurse pract... came in to explain the surgery and go over any ?? there were a couple papers i had to sign  a suervey to fill out.. I even had to stop her in the middle of explaining the surgery cause i had to go to the bathroom, she was wicked nice about it even though i felt bad..when she was done the dr came in asked me why i choose bypass over lapband ..i told him ..he agreed with me.. thinks i would be awesome at bypass.. asked if i had any more ?? told him no... and he said they would send out a letter to my insurance and i should be hearing back from them in a few weeks. with my surgery date pre op testing date and my two week following up. all in all they said its about a average of 6 weeks from the date you meet your surgeon..
hope it helps....
i am going through umass...
marcie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs