Surgery Postponed less than 24 hours before

biztish
on 2/23/09 5:45 am - Jamaica Plain, MA
 Hi, 
I was supposed to have my RNY tomorrow morning.  I got a call this afternoon that the Surgeon is sick and they don't know when they are going to even call me back never mind re-schedule.  I set my date with Dr. Pratt at the MGH weight center back in September and have been waiting for over 5 months.  
UGGH>
Liz
rockysmom
on 2/23/09 8:30 am - Dartmouth, MA
Oh, what a dissappointment.  I hope you get rescheduled very soon.  I remember how tough it is waiting.
MultiMom
on 2/23/09 8:48 am - NH
I am SO sorry for you! I worried about me getting sick, but never thought of it being the surgeon that was sick. I know you want him to be in top form, but it is still such a disappointment. Hopefully you get rescheduled quickly.....

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

NeedhamGal
on 2/23/09 9:08 am - MA
I am sorry for your dissapointment.   My surgery was almost cancelled...I waited at the hospital and they came to me at 5 pm and said they would do it the next day. When I was getting my suitcase back..they came and said..yes they can do it...the OR room lined up and the appropriate anethesiologist is on board.  I do feel your anquish.

However..the flip side...things happen for a reason. You might not know today or tomorrow..but one day the hand will be revealed and you will find out the rescheduling WAS in your interest.

I will also say that my brother in law is a cardiologist...(in TX) and things do come up. Although he has a partner and time off is planned..but there are trips back from vacations where the airlines cancel flights, or family members get  extremely ill and he needs to cancel. Of course he is not in the habit of doing this...but ..they are human, too.

Have peace with the decision.. and you WILL have your day!

Joan
jayner
on 2/24/09 4:42 am - Littleton, MA

I'm sorry about the postponement. I have heard great things about your surgeon. I think she is worth the wait!

Jayne

biztish
on 2/26/09 1:19 am - Jamaica Plain, MA
 I think that she is worth the wait too.  I could have picked a different surgeon and had the surgery a few months ago but wanted Dr. Pratt.  
Looks like I may be going next week so not too bad. 
Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views