Okay, I have my first appt. on this long journey, with the NEMC psychologist

michellemc0
on 2/6/09 1:56 am - bridgewater, MA
The woman who set up the appt. said it's  a3-6 month process on their end.  Of course I have "bad" insurance so it will take longer (Aetna Comprehensive Traditional). 

Does anyone remember their psych evaluation?  I'm wondering what to expect.  I'm completely stressed out that this will be for nothing and I will be denied by Aetna (I do have a BMI of 40.9, that's on my side).

I sooooo much want this; I hope it will work out.  I guess I'm just so beaten down at this point that I just don't want to get my hopes up at all.
irenethebean
on 2/6/09 2:19 am - foxboro, MA
the psych test is no biggie...it's a series of 500 questions, mostly true of false if i remember correctly.  It's mostly to determine serious mental issues.  Don't stress, it's really nothing.  It took me over 2 years to get my surgery, but..don't give up, if you want it bad enough, you'll find ways of getting this accomplished.
dragonfly777
on 2/6/09 9:30 pm
I had mine not too long ago and I was worried too. It didn't seem so much as an evaluation to me as an over view of some things and setting up of all the appointments you have to attend.  They do send you a questionairre in the mail and then at the appt you will get another questionnaire to fill out during the appt. She did ask questions and was typing the answers into her computer.
luvinmyfour
on 2/8/09 11:24 am - haverhill, MA
just a bunch of questions...thats it  and then off we went not a big deal...good luck on your journey
@-(------ Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views