UMASS Worcester

siannamay
on 1/23/09 3:49 am - Waltham, MA
Hey Everyone..... So i noticed in recent posts that the subject has been touched upon briefly but not as much as I need to put my mind at ease!   How long is the wait from your initial intake appt. at UMASS until you actually have your surgery.  Some people say 6 months and some people say a year.   I was told by my PCP it would be a 6 month process.   I'm hoping she was right. If it's a year, I don't know what I'll do, I'm pretty close to the 6 months however I have yet to receive at date! 

Thanks!
S
marcie B.
on 1/25/09 3:00 am
hi.. I don't have the answer either but i have been going at this since june. I was told 6 months and when i meet with my nut appt she told me its close to a year.. I can't wait any longer i need this now.. !!!
marcie
thinsomeday
on 1/25/09 4:25 am - webster, MA

i was told 6 months at my intake.  i know someone who started in may and then surgery in jan.  her husbans also started in jan but no sx till march.  i just think it is 6 months to a year depending on scheduling.  it seems so far away!  i "started" so long ago - but my offical intake was dec. 5th.  i imagine over the summer at some point, but would LOVE it to be april-ish.
wish i could help more!  go to the monthly meeting tho - dr. kelly hosted this one and it was very informative!
best of luck to you.
kat

Jessica O.
on 1/26/09 4:56 am - Grafton, MA

Hello!  I had my surgery at UMass.  6 months sounds pretty accurate to me.  The only reason it may take longer is if you end up gaining weight during your process.  By the end of your pre-surgical skills group classes, they want you to have lost weight ... even if it's just 1 pound below your intake appt weight.  I had my intake appt with Dr. Gitkind on 9/17/07 and my surgery date was 3/24/08, so that was about 6 months.  8 months if you count the fact that I went to my "Orientation Meeting" in July and then the "Surgery Information Meeting" in August. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views