X-POST: Random thoughts at 2-months out....

Lynski
on 1/18/09 12:38 pm - Central, MA
Hey all,
Yesterday was my 2-month surgiversary. 
I think I am doing ok.
I'm down 46 pounds (13 pre-surgery).
I've started exercising this week.  Late I know, but I was really tired since surgery and I'm always  busy with work and the kids.
I've been eating only about 5 different foods because it is all I can tolerate.  I cannot tolerate the 2 main staples I hoped to use to get in my protein - eggs and ground beef.  So I've been low on protein.
My fluids have been good.  I love water now - never thought that would happen.
I hope the food tolerance improves - I'm getting bored with what I've been eating.  It also doesn't help that I am terribly fussy.  But it's not too bad since I'm never really hungry.  Most times I have to remind myself to eat, just to get in the protein.  Then there are times when I am looking at a plate of food and I get sad knowing I can't eat it all.  Like I had a great big Cobb salad one day and only got a few bites in.
I did go out to eat today - first time in 2 months.  Ended up only eating about 1/3 of a kids meal.
Then we have my size.  I can't believe that after losing 46 pounds, I'm only down 1 size.  Weird.  I did lose a cup size though - so that's a plus (hate having big boobs).  And my mom thinks I lost weight in my back - hated the back-fat thing.
Am I glad I had the surgery?  Absolutely.
Do I wish I could've done it on my own?  Absolutely.  But after dieting since I was 13, I know I couldn't.
I guess I don't have any specific questions - just wondering if this is how you all felt at 2 months out.  I'm looking forward to losing more weight, getting into a smaller size and being able to tolerate more foods.  It seems weird that only 2 months have passed - seems like much longer.
Take care everyone - and thanks for listening to my rambling....
Lynne

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
Carol M.
on 1/18/09 8:42 pm - Nashua, NH
Congrats on your 2 mo surgiversary!  You are doing great !  I can relate to only losing one clothing size in the first 50 lbs or so, then all of a sudden, everything was falling off of me with the next ten pounds that came off. 

Keep working on your exercise program.  You will lose lean muscle if you do not keep moving.  I was diligent about working out until I returned to work in November. Then it's been about 3 times since then and I am paying for it.  I lost too much weight and now I have to somehow get 1200 calories a day in plus all my water.  I am not at that stage yet where volume wize this is feasible.  I am lucky if I can get 2-4 oz down at each meal.  Who would of thought we could lose too much weight too quickly? 

nicunicu2002
on 1/19/09 2:25 am - Sharon, MA
Lynne:

Congrats on your weight loss.  Its always nice to share your thoughts so please keep them coming...

kim

Sue M.
on 1/19/09 2:42 am - Nantucket, MA
You are doing great!

I hope you are able to eat a bigger variety soon.  I found chicken and turkey with gravy was good for me.  Ground beef is still not great with me either. 

weight loss has turned out to be weird geographically.  i went from a 24 to a 16 pants with my loss so far, but am still wearing the same bras.  Sounds like you are losing in the opposite direction.  I already have sagging skin on my upper thighs!!!

Fear not...the sizes will drop off eventually.  you will get your size 10 pants and i'll get out of a 44 DD!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
rockysmom
on 1/19/09 10:51 am, edited 1/20/09 8:52 am - Dartmouth, MA
I know exactly how you feel about being sad.   I was accepting of it, because I wanted to be healthy more than I wanted to eat food, -- but I felt sad that I couldn't enjoy food anymore.  Now that I am 9 months out, I can eat just about anything, and I do enjoy food and look forward to eating.  As time goes on, things will change.  You probably won't ever be able to eat a whole big Cobb Salad again (and that's a good thing) -- but you will be able to eat enough to really enjoy it and feel satisfied.  I wouldn't worry too much about the exercise.  I felt totally exhausted for the first 4 months --  then I really got going with the exercise and I'm doing really well with it.  You'll know when your body is ready to handle it.
Anne-Marie 
AwesomeForever
on 1/20/09 9:51 am - Marlborough, MA
I think it was hard to realize that some of the foods I relied on to lose weight prior to surgery did not go down well. I had issues with chicken, eggs, and refried beans!

I think of the three times that I tried chicken I vomited twice in my second month. It was so awful. I had chewed so much and ate slowly. What was my problem, I wondered. It hurt my pouch.

I could not eat hamburg nor meatballs and meatloaf.

I think we all see that our pouch is smaller than our eyes!

Why did I purchase a large soup at Verrill Farm when I cannot eat that much?

I bring many different protein sources in my lunch box. I never know what I will want for my snack or lunch.

I can eat about a thumb's worth of dense meat like pork, steak or ham.

I can eat about 8 to 10 shrimp.

I loved salad. It is my tradition to add very many different vegetables to my salads. I mourned not being able to tolerate much salad when I went from pureed foods to diet advancement. I learned that I had to wait.

May you truly see the weight loss!

Look at my blog posts about giving away bras. Some of them, I had just purchased at Victoria's Secret only to fall out of them with in weeks. Just want you to know that  I am not sure whether this is posted on OH or sparkpeople.

Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views