Is this normal?

CMC11604
on 1/17/09 9:24 pm - Wakefield, MA
Good Morning,

So, tomorrow is my big day!!!! YAY!!! I am really excited. But, I just wanted feedback to know if people felt the same way, and that I AM normal, LOL.

I am really emotional!! Has this happened to anyone else? And, I don't really know what I am upset about. Its so weird... But, I think if one more family member calls me and asks, "Are you ready, Are you nervous yet"? I think I might scream! And, although I know they are just calling because they care, I end up crying about it. Weird or normal? Also, if I talk to one more person and they say, "I didn't know you would even qualify for
THAT
surgery" I think I might scream again! And, what does that even mean?!? Come on, Like they didn't know I had extra... ALOT extra weight on my bones! ! ! 

Sorry now I am just complaining.

I am so excited for this surgery and prepared. And, I have been strong throughout this whole process... not really letting too many people in around me, except my husband. But, I feel like I am shutting down. I don't want to talk to anyone, I jst want this to be over. I want to go, get this over with and get home. I am really excited to start my NEW life!!! 

Anyway, Thanks for listening... I hope you all have a GREAT day!!
saritabonita22
on 1/17/09 10:28 pm - Lowell, MA
Good luck tomorrow.....I dont know about you with how long you have been emotional but I have been since I found out insurance approved me! :)
Dr. Ameri is doing my surgery in April!!

Good Luck and congrats! Its so exciting!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=saritabonita22"> name="quality" value="high"> http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=saritabonita22" quality="high" width="585" height="360">

CMC11604
on 1/17/09 10:42 pm - Wakefield, MA
Yeah, I know what you mean. This whole process has been emotional! I just feel odd... One second I am sooooo excited.. and the next min I am crying. I do not regret my decision, as I know its going to change my life... But, The tears just won't stop! I think of myself as a VERY strong person... And, I think thats why I am being so hard on myself. I know its okay to be emotional... But, Jeepers Creepers!!!! 

Keep in Touch... I would love to see how you progress!!! 

saritabonita22
on 1/17/09 10:48 pm - Lowell, MA
I have cried over the silliest things...I got new cookbooks for post op and when I was grocery shopping for stuff I got a little emotional. I don't know if it is a feeling of my nerves coming thru or pure excitement! I don't think being emotional is making you a weak person, its a very big decision that we have made and I think its almost expected! I'm so excited for you tomorrow!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=saritabonita22"> name="quality" value="high"> http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=saritabonita22" quality="high" width="585" height="360">

AwesomeForever
on 1/17/09 11:44 pm - Marlborough, MA
By the time surgery was imminent, I was calm.

I did stay up many an evening on watching Youtube vbloggers and even the operation. I mean, I stayed up until the early morning hours! So, it was my way of dealing with the pre op jitters, I suppose.

I cry easily.

Linda

brendastewart
on 1/18/09 1:09 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hello,

I am very excited for you and a little jelous that tomorrow isn't Feb. 9th for me.  :^)

I have not gotten to that emotional point, but I still have 3 weeks to go, I'm sure the nerves will get more intense as the date nears and I think it is normal.  I agree it is very exciting and you don't regret the decision, but way back in your mind you are still remembering that with any surgery there is risk.  I have no doubt you will be fine, as will I when my day comes.

And I so hear you on the "do you even qualify for THAT surgery".  UUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!  Can you not see the 100 extra pounds I carry around every day?  Do you think it is normal for someone's ass to be this big?  Are you blind or just stupid?   (haha)........now I'm complaining, but I hope you atleast smiled.

Stay positive, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride to your new beginning and for god sake STOP ANSWERING THE PHONE if they keep upsetting you.  :^)

Brenda 

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

nicunicu2002
on 1/18/09 1:59 am - Sharon, MA
you sound perfectly normal to me.  we all have different ways that we deal with this surgery.  for me, i was very nervous the day before, but the morning of, i was fine.  at peace.  now, about the people thing, quit answering the phone!!  everyone has very well intentions, well most of them anyways, but sometimes people can say the stupidest things...and you can be over emotional as well.  you are going to do great and it will be over with before you know it.  the emotions are going to be around a while, so be prepared!!!

let us know how you are doing once you are home and feeling like it..

kim

antonietta23
on 1/18/09 8:37 am - Holbrook, MA
Everyone handles stress differently. It is normal to have all kinds of emotions.  You will do fine and before you know it it will be over and you will be on the other side.  It is a long road, and reality sets in.,  I found that once I got to the hospital I was calm.  The family mean well, it is great you have support, Good Luck
Magyargal
on 1/18/09 11:51 am, edited 1/18/09 11:52 am

Oh Charlotte honey,

I'm very excited for you too!! YEA!!!! But I am so sorry to hear about your family driving you nuts. You will do wonderful. You are in very good hands with Dr. Ameri. Relax maybe take a nice long warm bath.. I'm glad only a couple of people know I'm going for a revision.  
    Your Family really loves you, and don't see you as you see yourself. I know I'm the same way..Take a deep breath. Just think tomorrow this time it will be all over. I did send you a PM.. With my phone number again.. Take care hon, I hope to see you soon.. Hugs Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views