Gastritis

Susan M.
on 1/9/09 1:06 am - MA
Hey all

I saw my Dr's assitant and he seems to think the pain I am having is Gastritis.
Has anyone experienced this post op?  If so how long did it last?
I had surgery 4 and  a 1/2 weeks ago.
Kyri
on 1/12/09 9:08 pm - Billerica, MA
OOhhhhhhhhh the gas!  yes indeed. Tums are your friend (at least the were mine) and still are.  Depending what I'm eating now i do get alot of gas/gas pain. When your drinking be sure to sip. If you swallow larger amounts of fluid than a  small sip you get air also. Sounds wacky but its true.
I found that when i went from liquids into stage 2 the gas got worse. The pain got less but it still is an indication of eating too fast or drinking too fast. Some foods cause alot of gas too like refrieds and even some proteins. Jus****ch you body, see how it reacts and try different things.  Your in a learning process. I also found that this is just how it is and its better to release the gas than try to be oh so proper and hold it in. Your body needs to release.  Im no expert but i hope this helps you know your not alone! 
Kyri

Susan M.
on 1/18/09 9:11 am - MA
Thanks Kyri!
I was sick to my stomach all week and then Friday got my period...now my stomach is fine.
Have not had to take the Prilosec since Thursday.  So I am wondering if getting my period
upset my stomach?  I used to throw up and get really sick with it, but that has not happened in a longgg time.  So maybe it was just how my body reacted to it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views