Massachusetts Meeting ?

purplefans
on 1/8/09 11:38 pm - MA

On a few posts there were suggestions of a Massachusetts Meeting - so I thought I'd do a specific thread on it.  Somebody had mentioned Fitchburg as a meeting site.     As it happens, February School Vacation (Feb. 16 - 20).  I have made reservations at the Coco Key Water Resort in Fitchburg for Monday and Tuesday Nights (my own version of getting away to the warmth), and wondered if either of those days/night would work for anybody? 

Susan

MultiMom
on 1/9/09 1:59 am - NH
I would be interested.... kids, too?

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

AwesomeForever
on 1/9/09 3:47 am - Marlborough, MA
I would love to get away for a meeting.

Let me know.

Linda
purplefans
on 1/9/09 6:39 am - MA
My kids are going with me.  I can't escape anywhere without them!  Two boys, ages 8 and 10.  We're leaving the dad home to walk the dogs and have some quiet time!

The website for the waterpark is (I think)  www.cocokeywaterresort.com - then click on Fitchburg Now Open!   The price I got for hotel room and 4 tickets to the water park was $139. per night.   The waterresort day price for those days is $80. /day for 4 tickets.   Expensive, yes, but cheaper than flying to Florida. 

Lynski
on 1/9/09 7:02 am - Central, MA
Yeah, that's in my town!
I was just on their website this morning and I saw discounted day passes for only $20 each.
I would love to meet up with you guys, but I can't promise the kids will be joining me.  Could use a day to myself!
Lynne

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
Sarah2744
on 1/9/09 9:30 pm - Spencer, MA
I couldn't make it in the day but would love to meet up with everyone after work. Fitchburg is only 20 minutes or so away from where I work so that's very convienent.

Sarah
purplefans
on 1/9/09 11:23 pm - MA
I can check to see if they have some sort of open area that we can get together at the hotel - an unused conference room, or maybe we should all meet for dinner and split a meal!

MultiMom
on 1/9/09 11:58 pm - NH
The Coco Key near me has lots of tables that we can sit at together in the water park.... I will probably just go for a day with my daughters 13 & 15.

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

purplefans
on 1/10/09 2:40 am - MA
Hi!   Are you near the Danvers one?  I haven't been to either one yet, so I'm hoping for the best!   When do you head to disneyworld?   We are going in March.  It looks like we're almost on the same track, size wise starting out, and time frame also.  And maybe agewise (46).     

Susan

MultiMom
on 1/10/09 2:49 am - NH
Hey Susan,

I live about 10 minutes from the Danvers Coco Key. I am managing a group convention there the first weekend in Feb, so we are going for 2 nights then.

We are going to Disney World next Saturday.... I can't wait!! I just replied to somebody on the main board about eating there.

I have 5 years on you (and 4 grandchildren)!!

Which day do you think for Coco Key?

Martha

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost