Has anyone gone through Fallon WLS?

Christin
on 1/7/09 3:55 am - Houston, TX
I am at the beggining of this journey and just have some questions about their process. I have a vague outline of the program. I would like to talk someone who has gone through this with Fallon. Thanks!
mzicuis
on 1/7/09 7:15 am
Hi,
I went through the fallon program and thought it was great!  I had my RNY on Nov. 5th and I had started the program feb 08.  My friend had also went through it with me although we ended up in different groups and her surgery was a month after mine.  i actually had went through the UMASS program and chickened out at the last minute and I liked the way fallon does their program better then UMASS.  I think the only complaint is that St. V's does not have a specific Biariatric unit and the nurse was forcing a whole bunch of liquids at once in order for me to go home - so I dumped them down  the drain and said that I drank them.  But ither than that I had Dr. Arcand for the surgeon, Dr. Bourne for the psychologist and Ilze for the dietician.  Feel free to email me any specific questions!  [email protected]!!
Sarah2744
on 1/7/09 6:03 pm - Spencer, MA
I'm going through Fallon right now. I'm having lap band on Jan. 30th. The program has been excellent so far. It's taken me a year to get approved and have the surgery date and everything since when I decided to do it. It's taken that long simply because I wanted to change my eating habits and control my mindful eating. I have Laura Morris for Nutrition, Dr Bourne for one on ones (my choice from the get go), Dr. Fitzsimmons for the group, & Dr. Dilley was my internist.

The only problem that I've ever had with the program is Dr Fitzsimmons would never tell us when the team of doctors would meet so once you hit your 5%, you would be waiting around for a month or more until you got the call from Sue. I went around that and asked Dr. Bourne casually. Haha! My only advice is to make sure you're 100% mentally ready for this. It's not just the weight loss pre-op. Make sure you try the different kinds of whey protein so you can find the flavors that you like. Also, start cutting your portions down. Not dramastically, but little by little. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] I'm so happy that you've decided to do this! I have never heard someone say that they've regretted it.
purplefans
on 1/8/09 11:22 pm - MA
Hi!  You got some great responses - I didn't have Fallon, so can't so anything about that -but what I had, and I completely recommend it - is a Mentor!   I was lucky enough to be directed to a person who had the surgery 6 months prior, and she was a wealth of information.      My husband actually recommended her, because she worked with him, so in addition to my mentor, I had a person who could give my husband support and advice, and answer his questions which really put him on board with the whole idea!   Best of luck with everything!

Christin
on 1/15/09 12:58 am - Houston, TX
Wow, Thank you all so much for your reply's. I have 2 small children and have to do alot of planning and juggling to make sure everything works out the way it is supposed to. I was just wondering start to finish, how long did it take you to finish the program and have the surgery? I have heard that it takes anywhere from a few months to a year.
purplefans
on 1/15/09 2:00 am - MA
christin - I started in April going to meetings, had surgery at the end of august, and got approval to drive (with Rny) was 1week after surgery, so I was able to get the kids to school at the start of the year, which was important to me.  the surgery in August was good because the kids were home, and they could just hang out, which they did.  (they were 7 and 9).   

Christin
on 1/16/09 12:30 am - Houston, TX
What hospital did you go through?
purplefans
on 1/16/09 1:20 am - MA
I ended up at Newton Wellesley for the surgery, although I had also consulted at Leonard Morse in Natick.  My mentor had her surgery at Umass Worcester and was very pleased with them.  My surgery was laproscopic.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views