Kind of excited

jones22
on 1/6/09 1:15 pm
Hey all! So I was waiting on a few test results before I could get the ok for my physical intake. I was going to give it until after the new year but got impatient and called after christmas. The receptionist told me everything came in and I had gotten the go ahead to meet with a surgeon. What a great christmas gift! So I have an appointment to meet with Dr. Kelly at UMass on Jan. 22. I am very excited. One question though. Maybe somebody can help. Although I am seeing Dr. Kelly does that mean he will be doing my surgery? I hear he is very good (not that the other dr.s aren't). When asked if I had a Dr. request I had no preference as Dr. Kelly is usually pretty booked up (so I hear). I just wanted to get in ASAP. I have been off and on through various bumps along the road for about 3 or 4 years now and am very excited to be nearing the end (or the beginning depending how you look at it) of my journey. Thanks for listening. I'll shut up now.
purplefans
on 1/7/09 12:38 am - MA
Hi - althought I didn't go to Umass - I bet if you just call the office, the receptionist will tell you.  with mine, I took the first  Dr. available, and that was who did my surgery.  So you may have lucked out with Dr. Kelly!     

irenethebean
on 1/7/09 1:41 am - foxboro, MA
I would think that the dr. you're meeting with is the one who'll be performing the surgery..but I guess each practice is different...just call and ask.  Congrats on getting an appointment!
Magyargal
on 1/7/09 11:30 am
Hi there,
     If you requested Dr. Kelly you will have him, I was told.  I was wondering How long did it take you to get to Dr. Kelly? What all did you have to do? I have my first appt there Jan 15Th. But I will see someone else first.  I was told by his office, it will close to a year to go through his program and all the testing...Is this true? I know it can't be my insurance, because I have a good company.  Bummers... Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

jones22
on 1/8/09 6:08 am
Yeah I was told that ideally it is about a 6-8 month process. The time was a lot more for me. I didn't request any particular dr. in hopes of getting in quickly. I am psyched to get Dr. Kelly. The UMass weight center staff are incredible. I had never dealt with doctors that made me feel so relaxed before them.
wicked aries
on 1/8/09 9:23 am - MA

Dr.Kelly did my surgery, I loved him! I asked for him and only waited 4 weeks for him...good luck!

Count your blessings, not your worries

Katie H.
on 1/8/09 9:43 am - Charlton, MA
The surgeon you meet with for your pre-op appointment is generally the surgeon you have for the big day.  I had Dr. Czerniach for my pre-op appt and my surgery (who I am totally happy with) , but have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Kelly.

Good Luck!!!!!
brendastewart
on 1/12/09 11:36 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi,
My PCP suggested this back in late April and I jumped right on the opportunity.  I have Tufts Navigator and they require you to complete a 6 month program prior to approval.  My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 9th so it took me just over 9 months.

I am going through Winchester Hospital and I do know from research that every Dr. and insurance company has different requirements.

Brenda

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views