Size 4 Jeans!!!

Discovery02466
on 1/7/09 11:29 pm - Newton, MA
Nursing school?  Wow Kendra...How great for you!!!  I'm so happy that you're able to do this!  You're looking great and really working on a total transformation...awesome!

~Jenn

ks4
on 1/8/09 10:05 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Jen.

Yea, nursing school.  That's the plan.  I go next week for an assessment test then get my schedule.  However, I heard through the grapevine that classes start at 5pm and they're a 1/2 hour away from me.  I wor****il 5.  So if this is the case, I won't be able to do it.  We'll see how it goes.

Deb C.
on 1/8/09 12:06 am - Burlington, MA
OMG that is unbelievable! You look incredible....good for you! I just checked my BMI and I am finally overweight and not obese! Hurray! It is funny though...to lose all that weight and still be OVER weight!
ks4
on 1/8/09 10:09 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Deb,
It really boggles my mind as to how it works.  I'm hoping it's just skin that putting me over.

Congrats to you on your newest milestone! 

purplefans
on 1/8/09 11:32 pm - MA
Hi Kendra -  Janet (the 0-6 month support leader) at NWH spoke last night at the meeting about her bottom half lift (I forgot what she called it peru... something).  She said it took 20 pounds of skin off her!    I never thought I'd think about doing that, but I'm already thinking about something for the top half!  I think somebody mentioned in an earlier message about tennis balls in a sock, which is what I think they look like!

I remember also hearing about clothes sizes - if you buy expensive clothes, that you actually can fit into smaller sizes - that's how the Hollywood folks say their a size "0", etc! 

ks4
on 1/9/09 10:43 am - Fitchburg, MA
Oh really!?  I wish I had been there to hear about that.  I've only been to one meeting since being a post op.  I just can't get there with my schedule and it's too far away. 

Tennis balls in socks...I've descibed mine as sand in tube socks, so it sounds about right.

As far as clothes go....expensive is not the way I go.  My sizes change so much that I can't buy expensive clothes.  The jeans I bought were 16.98 each.  Most of my clothes I buy at either fashion bug or kohls.  I also shop at the salvation army (go on wednesdays...it's 1/2 price day!)  I just bought three sets of pajama pants and fleece tops at old navy all size small.  They were $6.00 each.  My husband gets mad at me because I think I'm bigger than I am.  I'm having a really hard time wrapping my whole head around all of this.  I don't see what others see, and I know I'm not the only one that has or is going through this. 

purplefans
on 1/9/09 11:13 am - MA
Janet did say that there was going to be a plastic surgeon their at the next (I think) meeting.   I went because they said something to me at my 3 month that I really should try to go - especially since they take attendance!  Geez.  Even though it isn't mandatory, it would be "nice" for me to go.  And I did find out one thing -  Salt is good for me (I love love salt!).   

For clothes - I stopped at Kohls today, first time looking at clothes since the surgery, and it was kind of strange.  Not that I'm small yet (I almost fit into a Large - down from a 2x), but just thinking about - in a few more months I might be smaller is kind of weird.  I don't believe it's actually going to happen.    I also stopped at Victoria's Secret to get measured - went from 44dd to 38dd.   (which is why they're tennis balls!) 

ks4
on 1/10/09 12:17 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Dr. Partridge had said that I shouldn't even think about plastic surgery until I'm at least two years post op and my pcp said the same thing.  Others have said that a plastic surgeon won't even look at you unless you are 2 years post op.  Whatever the case may be, I don't have any money to have it done anyway.  It's just me dreaming of it someday.

purplefans
on 1/10/09 12:31 pm - MA
Yeah, Janet said that it cost her $8,000 of her own money - and she had the pennilu... covered by insurance, but added some sections.    i guess for me it was weird thinking about it because I had originally said, I don't care how it looks, as long as the weight is gone.   And now, when the time is right (in 2-3 years), and if all goes OK, then I may at least think about it!  Would be nice not to have boobs at my knees.    I am actually though, going to see a vascular surgeon about those big whopping veins in my  leg!  

ks4
on 1/10/09 11:33 pm - Fitchburg, MA
I originally felt that as long as the weight came off I'd be happy.  Well, now the weight is off and I'm still not happy.  I'm wondering if I have the plastic surgery if I'll be happy.  I really have no idea.  I'm having some major issues going on in my head.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views