Hospitals in MA that offer Lap Band? Your experiences, please...

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/09 10:36 pm
Michelle, I live almost in NH on the coast and I go to BMC and I couldnt say better things about them. Statistically and by reviews it is the best place in the area to get the surgery. They do both the RNY and lapband but will push RNY because statistically it has a better outcome according to most surgeons at this point.

Go to a meeting on the first or third thursday of the month @ BMC to learn more about the surgery or Mondays for an orientation that will tell you more about the process. It is great.  The only downside is that I have heard Aatena is a hard insurance to get approved, but this program is on top of things and knows how to word them for approval!
AnnieBandie
on 1/3/09 8:10 am - Uxbridge, MA
I had my Lap band done at NE Medical Center Tufts.  I live 50 miles away,but to me it was worth it.  I like there program, the staff was excellent, a great team approach.  There is  discounted parking offered by the hospital.

Check out my profile if you want more info.  I finally decided to update it after 3 years. LOL!
sandra267
on 1/3/09 12:22 pm - hyde park, MA
Faulkner does lapbands too.  I had a few appointments at Brighams but I was banded at Faulkner. 

NidiaB
on 1/9/09 9:00 am - Southcoast, MA
Hi Michelle,

I also live in SE Mass..  I had my surgery at Tobey Hospital in Wareham, and they also do the Lapband.  They have a FANTASTIC program, and I highly recommend both the hospital and he surgeons.

Nidia
sunnymoonx
on 1/10/09 9:39 am - cape cod, MA
Toby has a great program for RNY and Lap. Dr Kruger knows his stuff and is good at what he does. Worth checking into.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Madcow
on 1/12/09 10:41 am - MA
Hi - I got my lapband at NEMC and then was revised to an RnY with Dr Lautz at the Brigham.  My advise is that if you are completely set on getting a band that you find a place that really loves and advocates for the band.  My impression of NEMC and many of the Boston area hospitals is that even though they did the band they really preferred to do the RnY.   

240/140/138
ceecee53
on 1/23/09 1:27 am - Boston, MA
Hi,
Dr Lautz did  my lapband, but will soon do a revision to a RNY.  Are you happy with RNY?  Kind of nervous about this procedure, but I have to get the weight off.  Any info you can share will help.  Thanks!
brendastewart
on 1/12/09 10:48 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Michelle,

I know that Winchester Hospital and Lowell General Hospital both do both procedures.  I have been to both support groups/info sessions and decided to go with Winchester even though it was a farther drive because I know someone who had the bypass there.  This is a very personal decision and one that you need to take time to decide on.

I went into this back in April thinking I wanted a lapband and after further research, attending info sessions and talking with other people I am having a bypass on Feb. 9th.

Good Luck,
Brenda 

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

dragonfly777
on 1/31/09 1:52 am
Hi,

I am going into Boston to Tufts. Although its not close and i have to leave work early, find someone to pick up my 5th grader, drive to the train station, get there and do it all to get home, I think its worth it. I hate the cold and Monday night going into Boston was the last thing I wanted to do but I was glad I did as I got to attend 2 meetings instead of 1! 

I figure I am commiting to a lifetime of putting myself first (which is very hard for us women, esp with kids) but the long term benefits are so worth it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views