Not eating......

mzicuis
on 12/30/08 8:03 am
I had my surgery november 5th and started out really well...and when they upgraded me after a month, everything seemed to fall apart.  Since then i cannot even get any food to my mouth without feeling nausea...I went to the dietician at week 6 and was down 42 lbs and the dietician was not very happy saying that it is too fast and she thought my body was in ketosis and to start with some carbs and I would feel better.  Its been 2 weeks and nothing has changed and as "concerned" as they are, they really aren't.  I am lucky if I get maybe 10 graqms of protein a day and hardly anything else.  I am able to g\drink water without any issues.  Any ideas or thoughts?  At 8 weeks tomorrow, I am down over 50lbs...thanks
Susan M.
on 12/30/08 8:54 am - MA
Sorry to hear that...you should probably call your surgeon or PCP.  If you can't hold food or other liquids down the DR's should know.  You don't want to get dehydrated and with this surgery it is very easy to get dehydrated.

Hang in there!
jayner
on 12/30/08 9:58 pm - Littleton, MA
hi,

If you did fine at the beginning, go back to what you were doing. Start over with protein drinks. Make puddings with protein powder. Add protein powder to yogurt. I pushed things a bit too fast when I started with solids. What worked for me best - when I was ready were refried beans with melted cheese.

Take is slowly.

good luck,

Jayne

Yeah, I am having a similar trouble (I had RNY). My surgeon has decided that I need to have the opening between my esophagus and stomach stretched because its too tight. I guess your sphincter can try to grow shut, even months after surgery.

Don't mean to scare you, and I don't know your whole situation. I'm having the endoscopy to stretch my sphincter on 1-5-09. They just put a balloon in it to stretch it out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views