I haven't fallen off the face of the earth

ks4
on 12/21/08 4:06 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time.  I've been stuck at the same weight since before Halloween.  I made a HUGE screw up and tested the waters and found that I can tolerate sugar.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  If you haven't tested the waters, take my advice and DON"T DO IT!!!  Why test it and find that you can tolerate it, or test it and find that you can't tolerate it and go through hours of pain and dumping.  I wish I never did it.  Now with the holidays here and all the goodies around, it just makes it that much harder.  The good thing is I'm maintaining and not gaining, but I would rather be losing than maintaining.  My husband doesn't want me to lose anymore and everyone that sees me doesn't think I should lose anymore, but my pcp feels I'm ok at this weight, but doesn't want me to loose anymore than 20 more lbs.  I would like to lose that 20 lb and my pcp is ok w/that.

I haven't been to the gym in a while but that is because of a few things.  I had the hernia surgery in September.  So I was recoving from that.  I went back to the gym once or twice, then I got injured.  My husband 300+ lbs and 6'4" fell on my chest with his @$$ full force...long story and rather comical.  So I had a severly bruised sternum and I'm still recoving from that.

So I hope everyone is doing well and wanted to let you know I'm still here.  Have a merry Christmas!!
~Kendra

Susan M.
on 12/21/08 5:41 am - MA
Seems like you have been through alot in the past few months!  If you want to lose more weight you will.....your body is probably still healing from surgery and the injury.  I guess maintaining is better than gaining. 

Sue
ks4
on 12/22/08 3:36 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Sue,
Yes I have been through a lot recently and I'm hoping I can get back on the bandwagon soon.  I just want the holiday's to be over and I can get back on track.  The demons in my head are getting the best of me.
Kendra

Sue M.
on 12/21/08 7:05 am - Nantucket, MA
Good to know you are ok.  I know i saw you at a meeting right before my surgery and have thought I should email you to check in. 

Keep the faith with those sugary goodies around and don't give in.  I'm constantly amazed at how soon people test their pouches - You are at least a year out and have just tried out sugar.  I've met people 2 months out eating bacon and MnMs. 

I confess to having eaten one french fry last night.  I had a whole plate of them along with my grilled chicken, and it was such a thrill not to eat everything on my plate.... and to take home more than 1/2 the piece of chicken!  So i ate my one french fry, and tried one of Z's sweet potato fries.   i don't feel much confidence that i could eat fried foods - nor a big desire to do so.  i was content with my bite.  I'm petrified to rock the boat.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you and your family! 
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
ks4
on 12/22/08 3:38 am - Fitchburg, MA
Yes I am 16 months out.  I didn't test it till I was about a year out.  My advice to you is to NOT test your pouch.  Stick with what your nut tells you.

Happy Holidays to you too!
~Kendra

jayner
on 12/22/08 3:18 am - Littleton, MA
hi Kendra,

Alas, I have also found out that I can eat sugar. I try to limit myself, but when my husband is not at home, Jayne -  the closet eater returns. Fortunately my pouch hurts if I eat too much.

i think my ulcer is returning. Every night after dinner, I go through several tissues as the spit just pours out. Not good

Jayne

ks4
on 12/22/08 3:35 am - Fitchburg, MA
My husband is home and I do it.  I've been baking all kinds of cookies for baskets for Christmas and it's not doing me any good.  Cookie dough loves me.  But I do feel ill if I eat too much as well.

I was at a christmas party on saturday and went to the dessert table.  Had one bite of a couple different things.  Five minutes later I was in the bathroom throwing up which had never happened before, so you'd think I'd learn, but no, I had more later on.  I really hate this part of me.

Discovery02466
on 12/22/08 11:26 am - Newton, MA
Kendra-
So glad to hear you're okay...I heard about the ice storm and figured you might be dealing with cold and darkness up your way!  I hear you on the sugar thing...granted, I didn't wait til 16 months to try it, but I had an "episode" a few weeks ago after snacking on one too many sweets at a holiday party, and was "sampling" the stuff I baked for it leading up to said party...That night I woke in the middle of the night and spent the next 4-5hrs on the toilet and leaning over it...It was the worst experience of my life, pre or post op!  Needless to say, I've stayed away from sweets since then and been on my best behavior!

Merry Christmas to you too!  I'm in Florida now enjoying the beautiful weather!

~Jenn

ks4
on 12/22/08 9:59 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Jen,

I think if I had an episode as you did then I would stay away too.  Will power is such a hard thing.

As for the power issue, I was in the dark for 48 hours which is nothing compared to most here in the city.  A friend of mine is now on day 12 with no power.  There was a power sub station that had an issue the other day **** up the night sky blue and green) and the entire city was suppose to be shut down last night so they could put in a new power source.  I don't know if that happened or not because if it did, it was while I was sleeping and I never reset my clocks because I got tired of resetting them since the power kept going out.

Enjoy the warm weather in Florida...I'm jealous.  It's 12 degrees here right now.

Merry Christmas!
~Kendra

rockysmom
on 12/23/08 11:53 am - Dartmouth, MA
It's good to hear from you!  I think your body probably needs to just maintain for a bit in order to recover from the surgery and the injury.  Try not to stress out about it too much and just enjoy the holday.  January 1st is always a great time to start anew with excercise and diet.  I always find it easier then, because almost everyone else is doing the same thing!  (Less temptation, lots of health reinforcement)

I made the same mistake with sugar -- I knew better, tried it anyway, and found that sugar does not bother me.  I'm not a real sugar addict, but with the holidays and stuff being around, I've eaten more sweets than I should.  Four chocolates over the course of the afternoon at work yesterday -- but none today, I'm proud to say!  When I get to feeling frantic about eating stuff I shouldn't, I remind myself of what and how much I was eating at this time last year.  That helps to calm my mania.  I've had a stall for the past 3 weeks.  My weight has been bobbing up and down 1-3 pounds --  I would like to lose 20 more pounds.  I feel like I need that buffer in case I gain some back when my weight stabilizes.

Hope you have a great Christmas!
Anne-Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views