Everyone ok out there with the ice storm?

Just Brooke
on 12/12/08 1:37 pm
Just checking to see how everyone is doing! We had quite the icy storm this morning. Our power wasn't turned on till 1pm but I have a friend in Haverhill who is still without power.

(I also posted some pics on my profile)

Lisa9432
on 12/12/08 8:34 pm
Still without power in Lunenburg (Central MA).... the thought of another night without power (and listening to the scary sounds of ice and trees falling) has driven us to a hotel. The damage to our neighborhood is just sad to see, but the good news is that everyone is ok, and the damage will eventually be fixed. Good luck to all out there who are going through the same thing!
niddy21
on 12/12/08 11:49 pm - MA
I'm in Holden, MA (google it lol) and we got hit really hard. We will be out of power till AT LEAST Monday!!! I'm having surgery on Monday at NWH so I am thinking of staying in a hotel near the hospital so I won't freeze to death and maybe get some sleep the night before. Hopefully it will all be up and running when I am discharged!

Katie

AwesomeForever
on 12/13/08 6:04 pm - Marlborough, MA
Fortunately, we had no problems. I know it is awful out west and north of here.

I just want to say those weathermen scared me into thinking it was a day to call in!

But my husband always...yeah, always goes out for coffee. He said the trees were icy here in Marlborough, and the roads were fine.

So, it was off to work I go.

I had my operation on Jan 3rd. I have not called in sick this year. I was hoping to make it all the way through the year.

Ice is one thing that scares me. I just do not want to fall to deliver mail to a residence.

Linda
jayner
on 12/13/08 9:57 pm - Littleton, MA

We were without power from 2 am on Friday morning until 11 pm Saturday night. Fortunately we have a wood stove and a cord of wood. We also have gas, so we had ho****er and could use the top of the stove (though not the oven). The house stayed at about 50 degrees.

Jayne (in Littleton)

rockysmom
on 12/15/08 11:29 pm - Dartmouth, MA
Wow, that sounds cold to me.  Glad you have your heat back now.  I live in the Southeast - near the Cape.  We had a wind & rain storm with unusually warm temperature on Friday.  I was out running with no coat at 6:00 am -- I thing the temperature was around 60!

Anne-Marie
Lynski
on 12/16/08 10:13 am - Central, MA
No power still here in Fitchburg.  (I am using a generator to run this laptop!)
At least we have the generator and the woodstove.
My mom has been staying with us.  So my husband is on the couch - hehehe.
Crazy weather!
Lynne

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
ks4
on 12/22/08 4:25 am - Fitchburg, MA
I'm in Fitchburg.  I went 48 hrs w/no power, but my friend who lives less than a mile from me is on day 11 with no power.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views