Supposed to go in 12/15...have 4 lbs to lose by Monday!

deevahgrl
on 12/10/08 10:31 am - MA
Just feeling a bit nervous...at my pre-op testing this past Monday I weighed in 4 lbs from the contracted goal weight I've promised to weigh.  At St. Elizabeth's you sign a form saying you'll weigh a certain amount on the date of surgery, and if you're even one pound over, you get sent home. 

What have people done besides liquid diets to get those last 5 lbs off?  I figure I've got 5 days...South Beach maybe?  Only liquids and protein shakes? 

Help!  I just want the whole procedure over with...
Thanks
marla74
on 12/10/08 11:40 am
Hi, Dr. Claros assisted on my surgery and Dr. Pecquex was my surgeon. I am afraid they take this pretty seriously and I made it just under the nose. I would go with the liquid diet and do all that you can to get a lot of cardio in... I am praying for you!

Good luck! :)
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV6ETJ3/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wV6ETJ3/weight.png">>

8 ccs in 14 cc Inamed APL band. - 7cc's 1/30 after slight unfill - 7.5 cc's 2/3/09. 7.9 cc's 05/27/09. 8.3 in 7/09
332/291/187/170 - Heaviest/Day of SurgeryCurrent//Goal
deevahgrl
on 12/10/08 9:56 pm - MA
Thanks for your reply!  Dr. Claros is my lead and Dr. Pecquex will assist...so far the process has been fast (in my eyes...I started the whole journey in late August), but having the date rescheduled will really mess up my school year (I'm a teacher).

I'm doing 2 shakes a day and low-sodium soup for dinner, and with a little cardio here and there, hopefully I'll make weight.

Thanks again!
AwesomeForever
on 12/10/08 10:21 pm - Marlborough, MA
I did not have any of these goals to make.

I think 4 pounds in less than a week is difficult. Wear super thin clothes no heavy jeans, sweater etc.

Linda
thebestoneyet74
on 12/11/08 4:55 am - stoneham, MA
Call Deirdre she is AWESOME. I am sure she can help you lose the weight over the weekend.  I also had my RNY there and I totally love all of them. You will be in great hands. I had Dr Pecquex and couldn't be happier that I went there. They really do make you get on the scale the morning of your surg.
marla74
on 12/11/08 10:29 am
Yes, they will make you get on the scale but you may be in a johnny already which is good. Also, I had a 2 lb leeway over the weight they wanted me at...
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV6ETJ3/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wV6ETJ3/weight.png">>

8 ccs in 14 cc Inamed APL band. - 7cc's 1/30 after slight unfill - 7.5 cc's 2/3/09. 7.9 cc's 05/27/09. 8.3 in 7/09
332/291/187/170 - Heaviest/Day of SurgeryCurrent//Goal
deevahgrl
on 12/11/08 8:17 pm - MA
 Hmm, now how did you swing a 2-lb leeway?  If I had that, I'd be fine!  :)  I've gone down to about 2 lbs to go, and will keep pushing those protein shakes and exercising up until Monday morning...

Thanks to everyone for their responses!  It's a help just to know someone is out there.  
Fitzymom
on 12/12/08 12:32 am - Bradford, MA
I lost mine on the protien shakes 3 a day and water in between.  1 cup of greek plain yogurt.  I lost 10 lbs.  My surgery is Monday 12/15.   I am excited and nervous.  We both get done on the same day!!  My surgeon is Dr. Ameri.  Good LUCK!!!  Hang in there!
deevahgrl
on 12/12/08 1:35 am - MA
Thanks for the confidence boost!  As of this morning at 11am I weighed at goal, on the scale in the nurse's office, so hopefully I can hold on for 3 more days and go in fine on Monday...everyone keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for everyone's support too.  It helps a lot.
Abby
Magyargal
on 12/13/08 1:47 pm
I wish you Abby, and my new friend Fitzymom all the very best on Monday!! One day I will be joining you both.... I Pray.  Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views