scared

jaja79
on 12/9/08 10:40 pm - fall river, MA
I am having suegery on the 22nd of this month and I am scared. I have all this stuff running through my head and its making me crazy. I hope I am doing the right thing.
Lisa9432
on 12/10/08 1:49 am
It's totally normal to be scared. It's a big decision, with some risk, and it drastically alters your life. That being said, what you should focus on are all the benefits that come with it. For me, better health was the biggest plus - no more diabetes, no more high blood pressure, I'm in better overall health now than I've been since I was 16!  I'm much more active, both physically and socially. Oh, and I'm wearing a size 8/10 now, which is a ways away from a 22/24 that I wore only 10 months ago.  Think positively - it's all good!!
Kathy V.
on 12/10/08 9:38 pm - MA
Lisa,
I just had my surgery done (12/1).  I just can't believe your stats.  I am a size 22/24 now and can't believe that an 8/10 or even 12/14 could be only 10 months from now.  Any helpful hints ???
Kathy
AwesomeForever
on 12/10/08 3:07 am - Marlborough, MA
Lisa and I had the same wonderful surgeon.

I can only say that your surgeon will perform the operation, and you will come through it well.

When you look at the work you have done so far to get to this point...and you did a lot of soul searching along the way, I am sure. It was a scary undertaking...

May you feel God's grace in your life.

Linda
antonietta23
on 12/10/08 8:10 am - Holbrook, MA
Normal, I was scared as well, and I cannot tell you how much better I feel, You will do wonderful, it will be over before you know it. Just think you should be scared to have all that extra weight on, you will be much healthier in the end.
nicunicu2002
on 12/10/08 8:10 am - Sharon, MA
hang in there...we have all gone thru the scaredies prior to our surgery.  You will do fine and soon it will all be over with and the pounds will just fall off!!  Please email me if you have any questions or need to talk...you are not alone here...just remember that.  You have a lot of resources and support when you need it. 

kim

rockysmom
on 12/10/08 8:41 am - Dartmouth, MA
Don't worry - you'll be fine.  How great it will be to make you're New Years resolution to lose weight, and KNOW that you will actually accompli****!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views