its almost time

jaja79
on 12/8/08 5:01 am - fall river, MA
I am very  excited and nervous about my surgery. Its coming up on the 22nd of dec. i would love to hear feedback from others who have gone through it.
rockysmom
on 12/8/08 11:01 am - Dartmouth, MA
Which surgery are you having?  I had RNY laproscopic; it was not bad.  I had no complications was home in three days and I'm doing really well.  Are you going to a support group? 
jaja79
on 12/8/08 10:37 pm - fall river, MA
I am having RNY lapeoscopic too. I just want to home for Xmas with my kids. The nurses said that a lot of people go home the next night, I hope thats me. How long ago did you have your surgery? How long does it take before you can do normal stuff?  I am into contact sports and I hoping it will only be a couple of months befroe I can get back  into them. I have done some groups and I plan on doing support groups after the surgery. I hear they really help.
NidiaB
on 12/9/08 2:48 am - Southcoast, MA

Hi,

I recently had surgery with Dr. Kruger at Tobey Hospital..  I had my surgery on October 28th, and went home on October 30th.. The hospital stay was only 2 nights and 3 days, patients are usually discharged after lunch on day 3 (if all goes well..)

By the time I went home, I actually felt pretty good and was up and doing things around the house, and didn't really need pain medication (except maybe at night.)  I was out shopping after about 3-4 days, and was able to drive without any problems.

It's been about 6 weeks now, and I feel completely normal!  I went back to work after two weeks, and started exercising, walking and riding a stationary bike a few weeks ago.  Outside of getting tired in the afternoon for the first two weeks or so, everything was great!

I have had no problems whatsoever...  I stick to the program (as everyone should), take my vitamins, and so far everything has been great.. 

I live in Dartmouth, and have started going to the support groups at Tobey Hospital (went to my first post-op one last week) and plan on attending the next one on December 15th.  Dr. Kruger, his office staff, and everyone associated with the program is great, I highly recommend the Southcoast team!

I am already down 53 lbs (25 before surgery) and the rest since!  If you want to speak some more, email me at [email protected].

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views