lo mein noodles are evil!- caution, graphic description

rockysmom
on 12/4/08 8:55 am - Dartmouth, MA
I usually have no trouble with food.  Today I had some chicken, broccoli, bean sprouts and LO MEIN NOODLES.  I ate in my usual careful manner - chewing well, eating slowly, protein first...  After the second (small) spoonful of noodles, I began to feel uncomfortably full.  Stupid me, I continued to eat a few more bites -- then that was it.  I was full AND extremely uncomfortable.  I had only consumed about 2 ounces of food.  I went back to work, and 5 minutes later, I had to get up and go to the ladies room.  I felt as though I had a large bag of concrete in my pouch, and started retching, sweating and feeling dizzy.  It was at that point I remembered this happening to me once before when I was about 4 months out.  I had eaten lo mein noodles.  I had the "foamies" along with drooling, and had to force myself to vomit to get relief.  What came out this time, as well as the last time it happened, was not very well chewed noodles.  I can't imagine that there is anything in the noodles that wouldn't agree with me, so I am assuming it must have to do with the texture.  I THOUGHT I was chewing well, but the evidence was in the toilet.  So, to all -BEWARE!  I will not be eating lo mein noodles again.  (I don't like them that much anyway!)
NeedhamGal
on 12/4/08 11:52 pm - MA

Hi..Sorry this happened...and at work to boot!  I will learn from YOUR lesson. I will say I am gun shy on some foods...so I will add the noodles to MY list.

I hope you are feeling well today.  Joan

rockysmom
on 12/5/08 10:39 am - Dartmouth, MA
Thanks, Joan - I'm feeling fine.  Once the "episode" was over, I was completely back to normal.  It really surprised me, though -- I haven't had much trouble with eating, and the trouble I did have was early out.  I thought I was all better and could eat everything!

I missed the December support group meeting, did you attend?  I did go to the one in November, but I was a little dissappointed.  There was a different nutritionist running it -- I kind of like Natalie better!
Lisa9432
on 12/5/08 5:12 am
Sorry to hear this! I have had the same problem myself, and had a conversation last night about this at the NWH support group meeting. The thought that it had to do with a) sugar content and or b) the MSG. Either way, I sadly have to stay away from all Chinese food!
rockysmom
on 12/5/08 10:41 am - Dartmouth, MA
It's always comforting to know you're not the only one!  I didn't think about the MSG -- sugar doesn't bother me at all.  I will also stay away from Chinese food from now one.  Twice is enough for me!
NeedhamGal
on 12/5/08 8:02 pm - MA
Hi...Report card day was yesterday  (TTL both kids did well) and my husband said to my daughter...Let's go to GreenTea (in Newton) to celebrate. She likes it there.    Mom..do you want to go?   No thankyou.....with your post in my mind.  I'll pass this time....You celebrate with Daddy!

I went Christmas shopping instead!!

Joan

Lisa9432
on 12/8/08 2:03 am
That sounds like a much better plan!! Hope you found some great deals out there.

Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views