Dr. Yehia at Metrowest

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/08 10:53 pm - Ashland, MA
Has anyone had surgery from Dr. Yehia at Metrowest Hospital in Natick?  He works in with Dr. Randall and they also are in Malden?
purplefans
on 12/3/08 8:05 am - MA
Hello - I didn't have surgery with Dr. Yehia, but I did meet with him, and liked him.    I chose to go to Newton Wellesley because they have laproscopic rather than open, and they are a Center of Excellence.  I usually use Framingham, or Leonard Morse, but I tell you, I was truly impressed with the NW hospital - everything from the ultrasound testing, to the actual surgery.  Even my husband, who is very picky, was super impressed with the staff.  

I have read many very good things about Dr. Randall.    I think one aspect of your decision would be Open versus Laproscopic.    Of course, NW doesn't do lap bands, if that is the way you are going.    

Susan

antonietta23
on 12/3/08 8:19 am - Holbrook, MA
I did not have dr. yehia but in the support group , I have never heard anything negative about him.  I had Dr. Randall, and they work together and I can tell you that the support is there.  I had my surgery done open, it was a concern at first but after he explained everything to me I was fine.  I had my surgery done at lawrence memorial hospital in Medford.  You will find your way .  I know the lawrence memorial is a center of excellence and it is my understanding that the leonard morse have there paper work in.  You can ask the doctor about that.  Best of luck to you .
AwesomeForever
on 12/3/08 8:51 am - Marlborough, MA
I too had my surgery done at Newton Wellesley. I just want to let you know that many experienced nurses and other staff are being laid off at Natick's Metrowest Hospital. One of my friends works there. It is sad when someone with 35 years experience is laid off.

I had excellent care all through my experience at Newton Wellesley. I love the support meetings.

I am going to one tomorrow evening at 6 at Newton Wellesley.

Good luck with your research.

Linda
antonietta23
on 12/4/08 10:12 pm - Holbrook, MA
I went on to  metro west, it is now a Center of Excellence.  You will do great.
pebblesooo
on 12/7/08 11:40 am - MA
Hi,
Dr. Randall did my surgery 4 weeks ago at Lawrence Memorial in Medford.... Dr. Yehia assists in many of Dr. Randall's surgery's and vice versa.  I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Yehia..... and we already know that Dr. Randall is the bomb!!!    
You'll do great with either surgeon......
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 4:54 am
 Conrats on your surgery   How was the staff over at Lawerence ?????  Not to many people post on this board I wonder why????? I think they all go to the main board ...Well good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery
pebblesooo
on 12/9/08 7:27 am - MA
Hi,
Thanks....  I'm doing really well.  A few issues to work through but I can't complain at all.
Good luck with your upcoming surgery.....  
I had no problems with the staff at LMH......    I barely saw them to be honest..... I was in ICU for 2 days and the 3rd day I came home in the evening......   I always had family members with me so if I needed anything, they tended to take care of it so I never had to ring for a nurse.
When they did come in to take vitals, etc...... they were very, very pleasant.....  no complaints!
Are you having the bands or gastric?    Which hospital?
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 7:49 am
I am having gastic  and going to LMH.... May I ask why you were in ICU for 2 days ???? Did you have complications?? I am so very nervous and anxious and excited all at the same time ...Mindy
pebblesooo
on 12/9/08 10:59 am - MA
Mindy,
You're going to be fine...  It's normal to feel a bit nervous and anxious......  If you're excited now.... just image how excited you're going to be when you wake up and it's over.....

You asked about why I was in ICU.....   well, I have issues coming to after surgery......  Let me put it this way...... I JUST DON'T WANT TO....   LOL
Sooooooooooo............  that's why ICU for me.....    no complications other than that.

You're going to do great!!!!!

Mary Lou
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views