My Panni is tomorrow - YIKES!

Just Brooke
on 12/1/08 11:08 pm
My panniculectomey (sp?) is tomorrow at 8:30.  I have to be there at 6:30. I'll be staying over night too which kinda sucks but it's for the best!

I'm more nervous than when I had the RNY. But I tell myself "If I can have RNY I can do anything". Except this time I'll have a 20 inch (or so) incision that I'm so not looking forward too. But this too shall pass, right?

I put my tree up Sunday and doing some grocery shopping today. All of my shopping is done and presents are wrapped! Now I can spend the next 2 weeks or so healing and enjoying the Holidays!

The doctor said no stairs for at least a week, possibly 2, so I have to sleep on the couch *sigh* but I'll get through it like everything else.

I'll be at LGH for anyone who would like to know and I'm sure I'll have some lovely pictures when I return

~Brooke

Lynski
on 12/2/08 2:26 am - Central, MA
Good luck, Brooke - I'll be thinking about you.
No matter what the pain or inconvenience, in the end it is all worth it.
Take care,
Lynne

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
MultiMom
on 12/2/08 2:58 am - NH
Good luck Brooke! Keep us posted on your progress, I am sure you will do fine :)

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Discovery02466
on 12/2/08 7:08 am - Newton, MA
How exciting to complete the new you!  Best wishes for a painless recovery!

~Jenn

Just Brooke
on 12/4/08 1:11 am
Thanks everyone!

I'm home and feeling ok. I'm in WAY more pain than having the RNY ...that was a cake walk. I was up and walking with the RNY the same day. I can hardly move, walk, and standing up KILLS!

I'll be resting lots for sure :)

MultiMom
on 12/6/08 8:09 am - NH
I'm glad to hear that you are OK, even if in pain. I'm sure you will take the time to recover and be back at the meetings in no time.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views