BMC Healthnet and a new PCP?

goalechica
on 11/20/08 4:50 am - Waldorf, MD
So, I already posted over on the normal Gastric Bypass forum but have a few more questions for you fellow MA residents.

Does anyone have BMC Healthnet? I have the list of what is required but just wanted to know if there was anyone actively in the process that had any advice on how they got started, which surgeon they went with etc.

Also, I have a new PCP suggesting I take weight loss medication that binds to the fat. Does anyone know if that qualifies for the 6 month Dr. approved diet? I've done just about every other fad diet out there. So my Dr. thinks I should try this. That said I've yet to bring up the WLS, because I just started going there last month and wanted to get established. She did however take my weight that day and suggest weight loss and discuss dietary changes etc and ask me to keep a food journal. Would that signify as the beginnings of a weight loss plan?
mipo1
on 11/24/08 2:04 am - Lowell, MA
If the PCP is suggesting that you use ALI as a diet pill/fat binder be very careful.  if you have any history of stones (gallstones kidney stones etc)  or any in the family DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL  it has been linked to the acute onset of pancreatitis.  If you read the fine print you'll find this warning.  This happened to my daughter, so I'm not just reporting an urban myth.  If you are very  very unlucky the pancreatitis cannot be halted and then it can progress to necrotising pancreatitis  and that is fatal.   READ THE WARNINGS CAREFULLY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views