Support Groups?

Vicky S.
on 11/19/08 11:39 am, edited 11/19/08 9:18 pm - Taunton, MA
Hi All,

I had lap band surgery on 9/15 in Providence, RI.  I try to get to at least one of 4 different support groups held there each month.  I'd really like to attend something in MA as well.  Does anyone attend a support group?  If so, where and when are they held?  And do they let patients who had their surgeries elsewhere attend?

Thanks for your help!
Vicky

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

blisandt
on 11/19/08 5:53 pm - MA
Brigham and Women's Hospital has one... check out their website.  Also Newton Wellesley Hospital... and the Faulkner Hospital...  They are all probably "for their patients" but perhaps an exception can be made?

NeedhamGal
on 11/19/08 6:48 pm - MA
most places that perform the surgery have support groups.   Just a thought, you could always start an informal support group in your area...post it here and meet at the local library, at Panera's etc.  You could pull articles off the web to have a forum, or just make the meeting more social.  Joan
Joanne D.
on 11/19/08 8:50 pm - South Easton, MA
Hi Vicky,
I go to the Newton Wellesley Group, and I met someone who had their surgery at Tufts,who attends, so Im sure you go come to this group.  Welcome.
Joanne
Vicky S.
on 11/19/08 9:17 pm - Taunton, MA

Thank you all!  I'll look into these ideas!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

MultiMom
on 11/19/08 10:46 pm - NH
I just saw on the Mass Board Main page that there are Support Groups, public welcome, in Concord. I assume that the ones held in Lowell must also be open.

• November 26, 2008 6:00 PM: Free Support Group Support Group (public welcome) — Concord (sponsored by The Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery at Lowell General Hospital)
  • High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
    Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
    In maintenance since June 2009

jayner
    on 11/20/08 12:15 am - Littleton, MA
    hi,

The Concord meeting will be held on Monday, November 24th. It is usually on a Wednesday. I think they changes it because of Thanksgiving Day. (I'll be there.)

Jayne

Most Active
    Recent Topics
    Another year gone by
    Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
    Happy Anniversary
    Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
    Total Cost
    capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
    Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
    LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views