Live and learn!

Discovery02466
on 11/17/08 10:52 am - Newton, MA
Just when you think you have an iron pouch...So, today and the past few days I've been having some headaches, similar to sinus infections I've had in the past...Since I'm heading to San Diego on Wednesday to speak at a conference, I am deathly afraid of getting sick...Anyway, we keep some over the counter meds for our athletes, so I check the ingredients in the cold medicine and it had tylenol, (acetaminophen) so I figure I'm safe...Stupid me doesn't check to see if it dissolves in water and wow did I suffer for that mistake!  15 minutes after taking them, I was so nauseous and feeling like I had something lodged in my chest...The next 30 minutes were AWFUL!  I tried to throw up, and really only had mucous come out (verifying my sinus issue..lol) but it only made me feel slightly better....I got my first true case of foamies and spit up a giant ball of foam and then felt sooooo much better...I was still rather depleted from the vomiting so I actually left work early, something I NEVER do!  Now, several hours later, I have managed to finish my water and have a little yogurt, so I'm doing much better....I decided to post to help others avoid my stupidity!

~Jenn

blisandt
on 11/17/08 2:52 pm - MA
Sounds very scary!  And Humbling.

thanks for sharing...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost