Month-long stall

Yipps
on 11/10/08 3:35 pm - Taunton, MA
I've been in a month-long stall.   The first 90 were hard work, but at least the scale kept moving.  I'm seeing my nutritionist and nurse next week for my 9-month check-up.   I'm freaking out cuz I worry if the scale will ever move again.

Any advice?
nani71
on 11/10/08 9:17 pm - MA
it will move again, don't worry.  your body has to catch up to itself and needs a little break from the quick weight loss.  up your protein and your water and don't obsess over the number on the scale, you are probably loosing inches and all of a sudden it will pick up again.  also increase your excersize and you will see a change.  sometimes stalls can lasts for a while but all of a sudden wham.........15lbs gone!!  hang in there.  Love, Tess
NeedhamGal
on 11/10/08 9:34 pm - MA
You will see your nutrionist next week...but sometimes they say to shake up your diet. Move when you intake your foods around...maybee more protein early in the day, or even up your calorie count.  The nutritionist can help you with this.  I think that you are monitoring it is the best thing....You will make out fine with good advise next week.
Joan
Discovery02466
on 11/10/08 10:54 pm - Newton, MA
It it super frustrating...even if you do everything right, sometimes it just won't move...I've been bouncing around the same 3-4lbs since June, with no losses since then...I'm trying hard to stay positive!  Good thing work has been busy so I don't think about it as often!

~Jenn

stellalukin
on 11/11/08 1:01 am - Cambridge, MA
When I'm in a stall I find it to be a little refreshing, even. I didn't hit my first stall until almost 6 months out, and it lasted 2 weeks. By then I had been losing so fast that it was nice to see my body take a break and catch up.
The weight loss started up again, until about 2 weeks ago & now it seems I'm in another stall. Maybe.
I'm also in hardcore training for a difficult race, so I think that has something to do with it.

My feeling about stalls is they happen, they are part of the process. Frustrating, yes- but put the scale away and stay on track.
On the other hand, if someone had told me a year ago that I'd be the size & weight I am now I would've kissed them and told them I never needed to lose another pound & that life was perfect. Which it pretty much is. So I don't care too much about stalls.
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

Lisa9432
on 11/12/08 4:43 am
Just went through this myself after 7 months of losing weight. It took my scale over 2 months to move again, so I totally understand your comment about freaking about the scale never moving again. I took the advice of the group here - I increased my water and protein, changed up my exercise routine, and changed up what I was eating.  It will happen for you too!

Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views