Postponed

Susan M.
on 11/7/08 10:57 pm - MA
I found out yesterday that my surgey will be 12/8 instead of 11/24.  The surgeon decided to go out of town.  it makes me angry because this is something that we prepare for ...it's not like having knee surgery.  By reading this board, it seems that it is common for surgeons to postpone.  I just don't think it 's right.  I can see if there was an emergency he had to attend to...but it's the week of Thanksgiving...so obviously he decided to go out of town for the holiday.
These doctors do not think about their patients and the stress you are under during this whole process to even get a surgery date. 

I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just disappointed right now.
Just Brooke
on 11/8/08 5:06 am
I understand the frustration because the waiting game is the HARDEST to deal with! We all wait, wait, and wait. BUT it is Thanksgiving week! You said you don't think it's right that he decided to go on vacay during Thanksgiving, its not like it's the middle of summer and he decided he wanted to go to the beach instead, it's a Holiday!

The positive to this is at least you can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner now!

purplefans
on 11/8/08 9:45 am - MA
You may never know what the reason is for the change, but I'd rather have a refreshed doctor doing the surgery than one who wants to take a break.  Granted it's short notice, but  think positive about it.  Turkey, stuffing, desserts for you!
Susan M.
on 11/9/08 8:12 am - MA
Hello,

I'm staying positive.  I understand it is Thanksgiving week....he should not have had his secretary book any surgeries for that week if he was not planning on being there.  That is what I meant in my last post. 
Trust me, I'd rather have a refreshed surgeon. I've been waiting almost a year now and I'm losing patience. 
As for eating on Thanksgiving...I won't be.  I have to do a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery....it falls during that week.  :(

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 11:17 am - east falmouth, MA
Sorry I know how you feel...but try 5 months delay..then another week after that...But it's not that far off in terms of the big picture...Surgeons need lifes too... Good luck and hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views