Help & 11/18 Meeting NWH

niddy21
on 11/7/08 3:48 am - MA
My surgery is December 15th and I am extremely excited about it. I want to do this right. Can anyone give me advice on how to stay on track? As we all have done before, I have done every diet in the book and failed. I totally understand that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet but I am petrified of failure!

I know what to eat post op, but I am doing such a bad job of trying to start eating healthy now I am terrified.  I can't seem to stop munching on crap. How do I get help for my brain? I want to do this the right way so bad but I can'tr seem to kick my butt into gear.

Anything you can tell me is appreciated, tips recipies anything.

Thanks,
Katie

lori042499
on 11/7/08 7:48 am - Revere, MA
I would suggest starting to see a therapist now...There is nothing that anyone can say to prepare you for how you will feel post surgery..I am 4 months out and decided to start seeing atherapist, just to help with my head...I cannot believe the shift in my life since surgery, I so wasn't ready to find out just how out of whack my grip on the reality of my being was...
Lori 06/30/2008
445/366/170
highest/pre surgery/goal

purplefans
on 11/8/08 9:49 am - MA
You have the right attitude.  You want to do it right.  You'll be fine.    I'm almost 3 months out, and am truly surprised that I've done so well.  I wasn't able to lose before the operation.  Your brain and your body will help you.    There are some great recipes around www.recipezaar.com can search by high protein, low fat, low sugar, etc.,    IMy family thinks its funny because I'm not a cook, but I am doing a lot of recipe trying.    It's a lifestyle change, that's for sure, but it's for the best!!  Good luck!
stellalukin
on 11/11/08 1:10 am - Cambridge, MA
Darling... I can tell you honestly that your pre-op life and your post-op life are so vastly different from one another that I would - seriously- stop worrying about your post op life right now. There's time for that.

I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, from wherever I wanted, right up until the night before surgery, when I went out for Indian food and margaritas. I couldn't pass the Whole Foods in my neighborhood without buying a bag of chips, their super yummy guacamole & basically eating the whole thing. I even ate Ben & Jerry's and I've never been a big ice cream fan. So yeah- I guess you could say I had last supper syndrome. I just made sure I didn't actually GAIN weight- because, as you know, NWH kind of frowns on that.

Then I had surgery, and just like on Charlie's Angels, my little pouch took me away from all that, and now I work for it.
I don't want junk food, I don't eat it, I don't crave it (and you won't either). I do see a therapist twice a month & I go to the meetings, and I take every day as it comes.
The surgery has been a tremendous gift in my life, one I don't plan on returning.

Don't worry about stuff that hasn't happened yet. Post op, use your tool, eat right & exercise, and 6 months from now I'll give you the size 8 skirts that don't fit me anymore.

The ONE thing I do wish I'd given up pre-surgery was coffee. The withdrawl was hell... but my life without caffeine now is bliss.

xoxo
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views