hello

jones22
on 11/6/08 2:49 pm
Hey everybody. I have posted once or twice here before. I was in the surgical program in UMASS before but then things got messed up due to a financial snafu. Anyway I am back at it. Hopefully it works out this time. When I first started I was in pretty bad shape. The pictures not much prettier now. I was nervous about the intake again but everyone at the weight center is so nice. And I was surprised to see that they still had my file (So we could skip the dreaded picture step). Dr. Gitkind helped set me up for my behavorial and nutritional intakes to be the same day (I have to leave in a matter of hours). Also I might need an endoscopy before hand. Dr. Gitkind said something about one of the surgeons possibly doing it if I need it.

But anyway, I am nervous. I know I've been through these appointments before, but still. One of my biggest problems is that I am VERY large. I can't use a regular scale. And it is this not knowing my weight until I go to the weight center which drives me bonkers. I have been told that anytime I'm in the area I can stop by and use the weight center's scale, but the thing about that is that I don't drive (One of the things I plan for after the surgery). I know this is sort of pointless, but I just felt the need to vent. My family is great, but they don't truly feel it. Y'know? Well thanks for listening (or reading as it were). Hopefully I can get myself to become a more active member on this site.
MultiMom
on 11/6/08 7:59 pm - NH
Good luck to you! Keep at it, even when it seems frustrating. Come here for support and encouragement. Let us know how the appointment goes.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

jones22
on 11/7/08 10:22 am
Thanks for the kind words. The appointments went better than I had hoped. Both behavioral and nutritional agreed there was no need to attend the pre-surgical skills groups again. So as soon as I get this business with the endoscopy taken care of I will be set up with the surgical consult.
MultiMom
on 11/7/08 9:06 pm - NH
That's good news! Keep at it, I am glad that your family is there to support you, even if they can't really understand everything you are going through. You may be surprised how much that they want the best for you even if they "don't truly feel it". Good luck with the endoscopy.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views