Dr. Kelly. Worcester Ma...What type of revision Surgery does he do?

Magyargal
on 10/24/08 1:06 pm
Hi Everyone, 
            I went to his page from this site, and I do not see any information on him! That kind of makes me nervous..I don't know how many surgeries he has done, or what kind he does...  I would like to know what kind of revisions he does..Also I posted the questions below, but it seems no one can help me...I had a very up setting day today after finding out that now I may not be able to have surgery...PLEASE Help me for answers to my questions...Thank you so much any help at all......

From first post today....
         My name is Alizka, I live in Tewksbury Ma.  I also posted this at the gastric By pass site...My original Surgeon, Dr. Sandor, wants me to go to Dr. Kelly for a second opinion...And to see if he can do my surgery..I had Stomach stapling back "VSG"?? in Feb 1992...My staple line opened into my stomach...The thing is I have had many stomach surgeries already. 4 C-Sections, hysterectomy, and Tummy tuck..Dr.Sandor thinks I may have too many adhesion's, and  scar tissues for him to do the surgery.....
        I was just wondering if anyone has had Dr. Kelly, for revision to Gastric by pass "RNY" from stomach Stapling. I would like to know what he will have us do, Diet, ect?? and how long it takes for him to do Surgery for his patients... My benefits are changing In January...I am biting my nails here.. I really hope BC/BS FEP will pay for a revision... Thank you so much for any help. Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/08 9:49 pm
I'm not sure why Dr. Kelly's page didn't have any information, there are a ton of people on this board that have used him.  He is the best of the best, one of the top surgeon's in Massachusetts (possibly the country).  He does all types of gastric surgery.  I go to a monthly support group packed with 50 people that rave about him.  A handful have had revision surgery and I've never heard anyone say anything negative about him.  I suggest calling the weight center at Umass Hospital in Worcester.  They will have the answers that you need.  Good luck. 
Magyargal
on 10/26/08 7:10 am
Hi there Woochx, 
            Thank you for your reply. One thing I did find out is that it takes a long while to get the surgery with Dr. Kelly, because he has so many surgeries to do.. I am so glad that My Weight loss surgeon Dr. Sandor knows Dr. Kelly pesonally, because he called him asap to get me in faster....And I still have a wait.. It is best to have ALL YOUR RECORDS TOO! Because the process is so slow because he is booked solid! Thanks again Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

wicked aries
on 10/24/08 11:12 pm - MA
Dr.Kelly did my RNY in July. I'm not sure what types of revisions he does, all I can say is that he is a caring, skilled surgeon. I work in a hospital, and got many referrals from other surgeons about him. Yes, he is one of the best, he is the guy that teaches other surgeons all over New England how to preform the surgery. I highly recommend him. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
Count your blessings, not your worries

Magyargal
on 10/26/08 7:21 am
Hi there,
         Thank you for your help. I hear Dr. Kelly is a very busy Doctor. I was also told about another surgeon that is a lot closer to me, Dr. Lautz..  Dr. Kelly is an hour and a half from me. I am not so much interrested in bed Their side manners! I just want a very knowledgable Doctor who knows what he/she is doing. I do have a very complicated case. And I may not be even able to have the surgery....Thanks again...Alizka

Valerieb09
on 10/28/08 11:44 am, edited 10/28/08 11:45 am - Seacoast, NH
I do know someone up here over in Maine who had Dr. Kelly do her RNY several years ago.  I was not aware that he did revisions.
My doctor, Dr. David Lautz at the Brigham & Women's Hospital does do revisions.  He often takes on the cases that other doctors will not touch. 
I just had a revision from lapband to RNY in June and it was a difficult surgery as I had lots of adhesions from having a kidney removed and he had to repair a hernia.
I would highly recommend him as a bariatric surgeon to anyone.  He is a very good surgeon with excellent laprascopic skills.
I drive 90 miles one way to see him.  But he is well worth the drive. I know he has other patients from New Hampshire as well. 
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Valerie

P.S. Insurance will usually cover a revision if it is "medically necessary".  The doctor's office has to submit a letter to get the approval. 
Magyargal
on 10/29/08 7:44 am
Hi everyone, 
      I would like to Thank you all for your help and great information. Wow I didn't realize that the Surgery would cost me a fortune! I havegood  insurance, but  I still have to pay a 20% of it.. So it looks like it is way out of our price range.. I will call BC/BS tomorrow, we have the federal plan which is going up  on all their co pays in January. We just got our new book today... I want to call then to out if I would have to pay The 20% of the original price. Thank you again for all your help. Hugs,  Alizka

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views