need winter clothes desperately!!!

nani71
on 10/20/08 11:46 pm - MA
Hi everyone i am in dire need of winter clothing sizes 18 and 16.  anything........pants, shirts, jackets, sweaters, ect.... ihave lost 73 LBs and i have nothing to wear.  i am a stay at home mom and don't have much money.  i will travel i'll come to your area.  If you have anything or know anyone who can help i would be eternally greatfull and promise to pay it forward when i can.  please PM me if you can help me out.  many thanks, Tess
Just Brooke
on 10/21/08 1:17 am

Hi,

There is a clothing swap at the Center For Weight Management in Chelmsford tonight from 5-7. I'm not sure if it's a public thing or just for patients but you could give them a call and ask.  978-788-7200.

If not, do you have a Salvation Army near you? I know some people are hesitant when it comes to buying used clothes like that but I go ALL the time and get new stuff with the original tags for like 2 bucks! So, you might want to check it out!

nani71
on 10/21/08 10:51 pm - MA
Hi Brooke, i love thrift store shopping.  the salvation army near me did not have much in the way of clothing unfortunately, but i always check in from time to time.  thanks for the headds up about the center though!!  I'll give them a call.  Thanks, Tess
stellalukin
on 10/21/08 2:18 am - Cambridge, MA
If you're still looking, send me a PM. I have a few things (few bags of things, really) that you might like, and I also have a coat or two that I was just about to get rid of.
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

nani71
on 10/21/08 10:46 pm - MA
Hi Stella,
    I just sent you a PM.  thanks, Tess
AwesomeForever
on 10/21/08 3:09 am - Marlborough, MA
I have a long coat that says size 14 but in reality it fit me this past winter season when I was size 18 or XL.

It is a light purple or violet winter coat.

Linda

AwesomeForever
on 10/21/08 3:12 am - Marlborough, MA
Hey Tess:

To add a note, I shop at St Vincent de Paul where the jackets are $5.99 and the sweaters ate $3.29 or $2.19. I have had luck and found clothes for 99 cents there.

It is much more reasonable to shop there when you can get a large bag of clothes for about $20 and be warm for the winter.

Sorry, I did not know of your need. I sent off pants in those sizes to my cousin yesterday.

Linda

nani71
on 10/21/08 10:49 pm - MA
Hi Linda,
    how are you doing?   I did not know of my own need until yesterday when i decided to get all my winter clothes out.   that's when i posted.  where is the St. Vincent de Paul near metrowest?  i am not opposed to thrift store shopping at all.  If you have anything else you need to get rid of let me know.  thanks, Tess
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views