Bariatric Cookbook- your recipies needed!

jenniknowles
on 10/14/08 9:58 am - New Bedford, MA
Hi Everyone,

I am putting together a Post Surgery Cookbook with recipies that pertain to Northeastern New England.  I would love to get any recipies that you have adjusted to fit your new lifestyle, and your name will be published along side your recipe.  This cookbook will be available at a very low cost, and it is ment to help all of those who get bored in their first phases, Show pre-ops that your not giving up anything, and many of our favorite recipies can be adapted to post bariatric requirements.  I ask a couple of things, be specific with your ingredients, if possible a nutritional listing.  All recipies will be approved by a nutritionist before being published. Please feel free to email me with any questions or recipies.  Thanks!

Jennifer
Just Brooke
on 10/14/08 2:41 pm

My family likes this one and I do too! It's for the crock pot.

2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
boneless skinless chicken breasts

(You could use the low-fat soups as substitutes but I don't)

1. Mix the soups and GP together and put in the crockput.
2. Place chicken over the soup mix.
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours

Serve over yolk free egg noodles (optional)

jenniknowles
on 10/15/08 9:07 am - New Bedford, MA
Thanks Brooke!  Have you ever calculated the nutritional values on it?  This sounds great! 
Monica B.
on 10/16/08 5:03 am - Emery, SD
Please go and check out the Over 50 Forum here on OH. Every Monday many contribute recipes. A food theme is announced during the week and then on Monday people post their recipes. This Monday it will be on shrimp.
Have fun with your project.

jenniknowles
on 10/16/08 2:45 pm - New Bedford, MA
Thanks for the info, I look forward to checking it out!  Your pics look fabulous by the way :)
rockysmom
on 10/17/08 6:27 am - Dartmouth, MA
Hi Jennifer,

We're neighbors --  I'm in Dartmouth!  
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a recipe, but it is my favorite food since WLS --    Fage non-fat plain greek yogurt, mixed with Dole frozen dark cherries and Splenda to taste.  I sort of mix it in an chop the cherries a bit, and eat it half frozen.  It tastes better than ice cream to me!

Anne-Marie
jenniknowles
on 3/5/09 4:53 am - New Bedford, MA
Anne-Marie,

Thanks for replying back in October... yeah I am really just getting back to things now.  I had a lot of things happen from then till now.  The good news is that I am still going to publish this cookbook, and have earnestly been working on it daily lately.  Your idea is great and I do plan on including it as a healthy snack and you can even add in a scoop of the unflavored or vanilla flavored UNJURY powder and it is slammed with protein.  Thanks for the idea!  If you have any more recipes you want to send my way feel free!  My goal date for printing is July 1st.  Take care!

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views