Advice on MA Revision doctors?

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/08 5:09 am
Hello all, just wondering if anyone can recommend some surgeons in MA that I could speak to about my revision options... Most of the ones I have called do the Bariatric surgery but not revisions. My own said that it was a waste of time and money and too risky and that I should do a liquid diet for 4 mos. and I don't think that is the answer for me. I was a candidate for the clinical trials for ROSE but was cancelled because they already filled their quota...and my insurance will not cover that, only regular revisions... still have more than 100 to lose...
stellalukin
on 10/14/08 5:13 am - Cambridge, MA
Have you called Newton Wellesley? Dr. Gazmuri has mentioned at several different support group meetings that he's performed revisions. Some of these were on surgeries that were performed 10+ years ago, but I've talked to at least 3-4 people who have had their second surgery at NWH.
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/08 5:20 am
No, thanks! I will call them...
NeedhamGal
on 10/14/08 5:53 am - MA

Call Brigham and Women's ...Doctor Lautz. He does revisions....and tricky ones that other doctors wont' handle.

Good luck.
Joan

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 3:21 am
Thanks I just called and left a msg. I read 8 pgs of glowing patient reviews on him...
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 1:47 pm - east falmouth, MA
I second dr Lautz...good is not the word for him...super skilled!
SandieMc49
on 10/15/08 3:00 am
Dr. Darius Ameri just last night at our support group talked about revision surgery. He does it.  He is in Stoneham and is affiliated with Winchester Hospital.  Giver his office a call as well - check out the Winchester Hospital web site - his number is there along with lots of info.

Good luck.

Sandie
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 3:24 am
Thanks for the information,  I will call them too...
pepsi98
on 10/21/08 8:15 am - Norwich, CT
I will be getting a lap band put over my old bypass on 12/10 by Dr. Shikora at Tufts.  He does do revisions (obviously) and I would recommend him.  good luck!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Valerieb09
on 10/15/08 1:30 pm - Seacoast, NH
I replied to your post of the Revision Board.  I would highly recommend my surgeon Dr. David Lautz of the Brigham & Womens Hospital.
Valerie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views