Any Milford neighbors?

Vicky S.
on 10/18/08 8:33 am - Taunton, MA
Hi Linda, so nice to meet you!  I've read many of your posts both on OH and SparkPeople.  You've had quite the success!  Congratulations!!

Do you have any interest in Ann J.'s suggestion (read below) regarding starting an informal support group near Milford?  I think it's a great idea!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

jayner
on 10/14/08 4:39 am - Littleton, MA

I was born in Milford and grew up in Hopedale. I now live in Littleton.

Jayne

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/08 1:30 pm
not a bander but live in Bellingham
Vicky S.
on 10/18/08 8:36 am - Taunton, MA
Hi!  We get to Bellingham quite often!  Have you ever been to Pete's Bluebird?  GREAT steaks!!!  Oh yeah.... that was my pre-surgery life.

Do you have any interest in Ann J.'s suggestion (read below) regarding starting an informal support group near Milford?  I think it's a great idea!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

Vicky S.
on 10/18/08 8:34 am - Taunton, MA
Hi Jayne - How are you?  I love the Hopedale area!  It's so beautiful.  I've only lived in MA for 2.5 years and "don't get out much"... so where is Littleton?

AnnieBandie
on 10/17/08 3:38 am - Uxbridge, MA
HI,

I am in Uxbridge -- very close to Milford.  I haven't visited this board in a while, been banded almost 3 years ago.  I need some inspiration, since I been in a rut lately :( 

Any local support groups in the Milford area? 
wicked aries
on 10/17/08 6:31 am - MA
Hey there Ann, I'm in Linwood...I've been looking for a support group around here but the closest one I found is Umass, and they charge you...well, your insurance, but I belive you have to pay the co-pay! I wish there was one around.
Count your blessings, not your worries

AnnieBandie
on 10/17/08 7:06 am - Uxbridge, MA

Do you think we can start an informal support group in the Milford area?  I am more than willing to host it. 

I have not been to a support group in a long time.  My group was at NE Medical, but it meets evenings and I just can't manage that after working all day in Boston.

Vicky S.
on 10/18/08 8:22 am - Taunton, MA
Hi Ann,

I think that's a GREAT idea!  I'd be interested for sure!

Right now, I go down to Providence to attend the Miriam Hospital support group and the Roger Williams support group.  They are both free.  I've met MANY really nice people there, and they've become my constant source of information and support over the last few months.

Any others interested?

Vicky

AnnieBandie
on 10/18/08 8:32 am - Uxbridge, MA
Vicky,  YAY!  I been off the Lap Band wagon for a while, now I am back on.  Keep track this week, started reading the posts on this site again, and got inspired.

So -- how should we go about doing this?  I really need a support group to keep me motivated , sharing experiences, receipes, etc. Please post or send me an e-mail. I am usually home by 5:30 weekdays, but I am willing to work around everyones schedule.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views