Consignment stores?

wicked aries
on 9/14/08 6:30 am - MA

Does anyone know of any consignment stores in Mass? I spent a LOT of money on my clothes (yes, I'm a clothes nut) LOL, and hate to just give them to the salvation army, besides I'm going to need new ones very soon, and figure this was a good way to get some credit for new clothes.

Count your blessings, not your worries

Lynski
on 9/14/08 11:48 am - Central, MA
Hi,
There is a place called "ConsignMint" at the Kmart plaza near me.  It's on the border so I'm not sure if it's Fitchburg or Leominster.
I used to bring alot of my old suits there, many moons ago.
Good luck,
Lynne

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
jayner
on 9/15/08 4:16 am - Littleton, MA

I have been thinking for quite a while about the consignment shop issue. I have not bothered going to any of these shops because I heard that they only deal with smaller sizes.

I was wondering if we contacted them as a group on WLS patients that we go through clothes very rapidly and that we represent a large group of women, that maybe some shops would listen to us and decide to be plus sized friendly. We would also let others know about them and mention it at our support groups.

Any other ideas?

Jayne

wicked aries
on 9/15/08 10:40 am - MA
I'm thinking we should open our own!
Count your blessings, not your worries

marla74
on 9/15/08 10:37 am
If you are a clothes nut, I would look for a consignment store in an upscale town like Andover, Sudbury, Chestnut Hill, etc... I have taken clothes to them before and have actually taken clothes to the place in Fitchburg mentioned below and the amount of money they charge for clothes is really low and you dont get a lot for what you give. I have a ton of clothes and if I bring mine to a consignment shop, I will look for something in a better area...
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV6ETJ3/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wV6ETJ3/weight.png">>

8 ccs in 14 cc Inamed APL band. - 7cc's 1/30 after slight unfill - 7.5 cc's 2/3/09. 7.9 cc's 05/27/09. 8.3 in 7/09
332/291/187/170 - Heaviest/Day of SurgeryCurrent//Goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views