Getting Psyched!

Joanne P.
on 9/14/08 1:46 am - Provincetown, MA

My first visit (surgical consult) with Dr. Gazmuri will be on 9/23.  The office said to allow for a full day of fun and frolic -- I guess in addition to meeting with the psych., nutritionist, and Dr. G. himself, they'll toss in a couple of tests for good measure.

At first I wanted a surgical date for after the Holidays, but now I just want to get it over and done with as soon as possible.  Like most pre-ops, I have done countless hours of research, spoke with post-ops, went to meetings, and did a lot of soul searching.  Now, I'm eager to take back my life.

With Dr. Gazmuri, it seems that the average turn-around time from consult to surgery is about two months (barring any insurance "road bumps"), which means that I could be looking at having it done sometime in November.  Thanksgiving should be very interesting this year:

"Would somebody pass the pureed turkey!"

KellyMASS
on 9/14/08 2:09 am - MA

2 months sounds about right - you'll be there about 4 hours for your consult.

be sure to look thru the blue and red before and after books .. It's amazing!

Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

Joanne P.
on 9/14/08 2:45 am - Provincetown, MA

Thanks for the feedback (and I'll keep an eye out for those books).

It's hard to imagine myself living in the world at a healthy weight, when my entire adult life has been compromised by my obesity.  I can't wait!

wicked aries
on 9/14/08 6:27 am - MA
Congrats, your on your way! I was approved by my insurance in a week and had a surgery date for 1 month later...Good Luck!

p.s. I LOVE Ptown, your so lucky to live there!
Count your blessings, not your worries

MissBevy
on 9/14/08 7:34 am
MissBevy
on 9/14/08 9:53 am
Cher B.
on 9/15/08 5:47 am - MA
Dr. Gazmuri is the best!  Besh wishes on your journey.  Keep us posted as you move forward.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views