Nuts Anyone...

Despinasdream
on 9/9/08 4:46 am - Lakeville, MA
Hi Guys I'm one week out and I'm craving for nuts...I ate some and chewed them till they were liquid..all I can say is yum Yum...
NeedhamGal
on 9/9/08 6:01 am - MA
Hi Despina...sorry to say this...my NUT (no pun) said no nuts til the final stage. You might want to check your papers you got.     Hang in there!

Joan
nani71
on 9/9/08 9:34 am - MA
careful you could hurt your pouch and stiches, you really should try not to give inot the cravings so early on  I know it's hard, hang tough!!  
AwesomeForever
on 9/9/08 11:42 am - Marlborough, MA
We were told no nuts, seeds nor skins so early out.

You can have peanut butter or other nut butters. I mixed it with applesauce or cottage cheese to make it less dense.

Linda
honeymoo
on 9/10/08 7:05 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Okay I am going to play the bad guy here, your previous post not 5 minutes before this was asking if you could have them and you rec'd a quick reponse to check w/ your Nut and now not 5 minutes later you already ate them, seems like you didn't really want the advice.  I know this surgery fixes our stomachs not our brains but come on, you are only a week out of surgery and still healing, so any hunger you have at this point is pure head hunger, find a hobby, go for a walk.  I strongly suggest you stick to what your Dr and Nut have outlined if they haven't then I would call and ask for a little more guidance on what you should and should not be eating.

Okay I will get off my soap box now

just remember why you had the surgery

Good luck to you

Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

rockysmom
on 9/10/08 9:12 am - Dartmouth, MA
Des,
If you want something salty, try chicken broth or bouillon  -- DO NOT start experimenting yet.  You could create problems, at the very least you are setting yourself up for more cheating that could undermine the whole process.  The surgery can't do it all for you, it still takes WONT power!  The first few weeks are tough, it gets easier once you start on the more solid foods.  Hang in there and BE GOOD!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views