Has anyone had their band slip?

Boutin1986
on 9/6/08 9:41 am
Hello,

I was exactly 1 year out w/Lap Band Surgery. My band slipped and I had  to have emergency surgery to remove it. I am finally going to have it replace 09/17/08. I can't wait. I sooooo miss it.
I was more upset about it coming out than anything else. Has this happened to anyone out there????

NeedhamGal
on 9/9/08 6:03 am - MA
my band didn't slip but  it sprung a leak.  I converted to RNY in July.

Joan
Boutin1986
on 9/9/08 7:21 am
I hope I don't sound stupid,  is RNY - Gastric???  How are you doing?  Are you having better luck???

Diane

NeedhamGal
on 9/9/08 8:20 am - MA
I am very happy I had the conversion.   I was happy with my band,..but around 18 mos I started with the too tight..too loose....reflux in the middle of the night....no eating/drinking after 5 pm...couldn't eat/drink before 11.....so in the short hours I got carbs in there.
The RNY(which is the gastric bypass) allows for easier food choices...if you chew things don't get stuck.

Joan
Boutin1986
on 9/11/08 6:59 am
I also had the reflux in the middle of the night. I would wake up covered in vomit.  We (Dr. & I) were working on removing fluid from my band right before it slipped. Now I am wondering if I should go back to the band or gastric. I am going next week. Either way - I need a permanent tool again.

Diane

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views