Hi Newbie here saying hi! (LONG)

redheadcurlz
on 9/2/08 12:20 pm - Weymouth, MA
I am new to this site and from what I have read this seems to be a great site! Everyone is so supportive and helpful with answering questions.  So here's my story--- been overweight most of my life... went up and down with various weight loss programs, most recently I lost over 100 lbs on Weigh****chers a little over two years ago and have gained all but15 lbs back.  At first I was beating myself up over it, but I have put that in the past and am ready to move on.  I have high blood pressure and just have no energy.  I am the mother of a 16 and 8 year old and I just wantto be healthy and be around for them.  After  lots of research I have decided that gastric bypass would be a good option for me.  So I met withmy surgeon today, Dr.Mun out of Faulkner Hospital.  I attended the info seminar and he was the speaker there so I decided to go with him. I to set up all my pre-op appointments and am keeping my fingers crossed that my insrance claim goes through. Sorry to be so long... I just feel like I am getting alot accomplished and am excited to start the process.
  Red

ks4
on 9/3/08 12:09 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Red,

Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier you!  This is a fantastic website for support.  Best wishes to you on your journey.

Carol M.
on 9/3/08 12:11 am - Nashua, NH
Welcome to the family.  Congratulations for making the decision to take back  your health.  It's an awesome feeling!!!

Sue M.
on 9/3/08 4:02 am - Nantucket, MA
I've only heard good things about Dr. Mun, so you are in good hands.  I've heard even better things about the nursing staff at Faulkner, so after surgery you will be well taken care of!  Welcome to the community!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
broadwaymom83
on 9/3/08 8:30 am
hi. welcome. congrats on your decission to have surgery ( i always say that because it's not an easy decission to make!) can't wait to hear about all the progress you make!

katie
rockysmom
on 9/6/08 4:49 am - Dartmouth, MA
I'm so glad you have stopped beating yourself up over the weight regain.  Just about EVERYONE gains weight back.  If that were not so, there would probably be no fat people; since just about everyone has lost weight.  I had lost 40 to 80 pounds so many times in my life that I had completely given up hope, and just couldn't bring myself to diet or excercise any more.  Five months after the RNY, I am at the lowest weight in 20 years, and doing a "boot camp" class at the gym.  I can't even tell you how good it feels to be hopeful and healthy again.  Good luck on your journey, and congratulations on your decision!
janielee65
on 9/11/08 5:39 am - Mansfield, MA
I had my surgery with Dr. Mun on July 30.  He is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! And his secretary that contacts the insurance companies is a miracle worker,  she does not take no for an answer.  Let me know if you need to know anything else. I am actually seeing the nutritionist Phyllis on Monday.  Good luck and let me know when you get your approval.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views