trouble getting a job

calismom117
on 8/24/08 11:58 pm - Maynard, MA
im sure others have gone thru this but im just bothered right now. we moved to maynard in february since then i have been activly searching for work. noone seems to want to hire me. i have office admin experience just no education. i just dont know what to do...

jamie
Lynski
on 8/25/08 3:02 am - Central, MA

Hi Jamie,
Have you tried temping?  I haven't been out looking lately, but I would think you may find a temp-to-perm position somewhere.
Good luck,
Lynne

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
jayner
on 8/25/08 3:09 am - Littleton, MA
Jamie,

My PCP is at Concord Hillside Medical Group on Baker Street in Concord. My therapist told me that they are very shorthanded right now in staff positions. I know thay are short on receptionists - I don't know ahat else. Give them a try.

Jayne

KellyMASS
on 8/25/08 4:24 am - MA
I agree with Lynne,.. call a temp agency.. some of the jobs they have are temp to perm. 
good luck ~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

honeymoo
on 8/26/08 4:59 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I agree with the other posters, try a temp agency.  When I wanted to go from retail to office I went to a temp agency to help gain experience and after a short while I actually ended up getting hired by the agency itself.  It's a good way to find out what type of setting you want to be in (large company, small office, etc) also some jobs are listed as temp to perm, some end up being permanent even if they weren't listed that way in the beginning.  Plus you can meet w/ couselors to try and find you a permanent position (there are usually two seperate divisions temp and perm)  The other bonus is that many places offer computer training, wether is's free or not is another story.  Good luck with your job search

Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

NeedhamGal
on 8/31/08 9:30 am - MA
you know the line.....once you get a job....you'll have more at your fingers.  So....I would take a job even if it not quite right...and hope the good luck moves your way and you will have other opportunities.  Also, with 4th quarter approaching....more service industries need workers and corporations typically hold off.    You might also try to use Craig's list.   Don't forget to check ETC for odd jobs or surveys.

Good luck.
Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views