marginal ulcer?

jayner
on 8/14/08 9:17 am - Littleton, MA

I had an appointment on Tuesday with my nutritionist. I told her that I am still have problems drinking water. In fact, I took two sips and showed her where it hurts. She had me see my surgeon later that day. My surgeon thinks that I have a marginal ulcer. She put me on protonix twice a day. I am having an upper G.I. on Tuesday. She said that it is not unusual to have problems drinking water as it is not very "slippery". Depending on Tuesday's results, she said that I may need to be scoped.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Jayne

Katsnewday
on 8/14/08 9:32 am - Ayer, MA
I hope you feel better.  I would have never though****er is not slippery.  Sending healing vibes too you.

Kat

Discovery02466
on 8/14/08 9:42 am - Newton, MA
What a bummer Jayne!  Hope you feel better and the tests come out ok...

PS  Where is the new avatar?

~Jenn

poodlemama
on 8/14/08 11:25 am - MA
Hi Jayne.

I'm thinking good thoughts for you ~

Ellie
jayner
on 8/14/08 12:00 pm - Littleton, MA
Ellie,

What time is your surgery? I'll be at Emerson in the morning for my upper G.I. I'll send good thoughts your way.

Jayne

poodlemama
on 8/15/08 2:53 am - MA
Hi Jayne.

I won't know until Monday, but I'll PM you to let you know.

Thanks
ellie
rockysmom
on 8/14/08 11:55 am - Dartmouth, MA
Sorry to hear that you're having a problem --  hopefully it will be resolved with the protonix.  Hang in there, you'll be feeling better soon!
ks4
on 8/14/08 12:25 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Aw Jayne that's aweful to get pain just from water.  I hope the protonix helps you out.  See you Sunday!

AwesomeForever
on 8/14/08 4:06 pm - Marlborough, MA
Jayne;
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

I had a scare but it proved that I am normal. I have lymph nodes that show up this year and not last year now that I am so much lighter!

I had to go for an ultrasound to see what the  new mass was. The tech said it was a lymph node but had to get the doctor to say it.

Lots of prayers raised to heaven for me.

Linda
Girl ..
on 8/16/08 11:03 am - MA
Hi Jayne,
I am sorry to read this.  I hope that it isn't bad news for you Tuesday, or that it is at least news that is easy to manage.  I know little to nothing about ulcers, marginal or otherwise. Al the best to you - and Ellie- on Tuesday!
Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost