RNY Surgery Tomorrow!

bettyboop707
on 8/12/08 4:49 am - MA
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the OH website and have been lurking about for a few weeks.  My surgery is tomorrow at Emerson Hospital in Concord.  I'm a little nervous, especially since my surgery is not until 4:15pm.  I just want to get it over and done with.  I want to thank Kendra for all her support...you've been great!  I look forward to meeting you all at your monthly get togethers.  Since I won't be able to go this weekend, please let me know when your next one is.  Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Kristie
ks4
on 8/12/08 5:42 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Kristie!!!  You're going to do great.  I just know it.  I'll call you tonight sometime. 

Skootching over to make room on the losers bench for you!!!  Here's to a uneventful successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

~Hugs~

Trinksie
on 8/12/08 6:01 am
Hi Kristie!

Good luck tomorrow!  I'm new here as well.  I hope to have a date next month.  I'll be sure to be thinking of you tomorrow at 4:15!  Let us know how you did when yo feel up to it!

Hugs,

Trinksie

Highest/Current/ Goal
    257/245/135

wicked aries
on 8/12/08 7:59 am - MA
Good Luck and a speedy recovery! Welcome to your new life! I'm new also and this board has been a God send!
Count your blessings, not your worries

jayner
on 8/12/08 8:18 am - Littleton, MA

Good luck with your surgery at Emerson. My RNY was done there on 5/14/08. I had Dr. Shore. Have whoever brings you to the hospital bring a cell phone. They will tell that person when you can be seen. I had my husband bring my pillow for the first night - there's nothing like your own pillow. The best thing was this air mattress that is underneath you. It blows up and helps them transport you from the gurney to the operating table and finally back to your bed.

They will give you gross things to eat - there are two flavors of broth, beef and chicken. They are really gross. All you can taste is salt. One time they gave me regular tea instead of decaffeinated. I told the nurse that I had some herbal tea with me. She would not let me use it. Dr. Shore said that there was no order stating that I had to use their broth or tea, that I could have used my own. The one thing about the broth was that warm things are really soothing on the pouch.

My room was directly behing the nurses' station. One night they were very rowdy. I should have had them close my door - just didn't think about it. Do whatever you can to sleep. The second night I got up and walked the halls for over an hour with another patient.

My pain level was minimal. They ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10. Only once did I say "3". The rest of the time it was a "2". I only used the morphine pump three times. The first time was when they showed me how it worked. One other time was when my restless legs went crazy.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Jayne

poodlemama
on 8/12/08 9:05 am - MA
Hey Kristie ~

I'm right behind you next Tuesday. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Good luck~
Ellie
Katsnewday
on 8/12/08 10:59 am - Ayer, MA
Hi Kristie!  Goodluck tommorrow.  I will be stopping by on my way home to visit my friend who is also having his surgery tommorrow.  Prayers and healing vibes to the brand new you! 

Good luck!

Kat

AwesomeForever
on 8/12/08 11:38 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi Kristie,

My favorite hospital is Emerson. My husband is often there for other issues.

I will be praying for you prior to your surgery.

I get out of work at 4 15 so I will certainly think of you as I send good vibes your way.

I had an issue with noise, and let my personal care person know that there was chatter outside my door. He let those who were talking know, and they left. I suppose talking is going to happen whenever we humans get together. I just wish the people had found a spot not directly outside my door! Nor anyone else's door.

Linda
CarolWannabe
on 8/13/08 5:54 am - Pepperell, MA
Kristie - Best Wishes are with you for tomorrow.  You will be amazed when it's over that all the worrying you did was crazy.  I came through surgery great and felt like I didn't even have anything done !  I used no pain meds in the Hosp and didn't use anything when I came home.
I am 8 months out and feel great and you will too !!!! 
Carol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views