H Pylori

azorbas11
on 8/12/08 2:05 am - Revere, MA
So I was all scheduled for my surgery on August 19th and yesterday I received a phone call that the H Pylori came back positive.  My surgery has been postponed. 

I am so upset.  I am mainly upset because this was supposed to be tested back in June but for some reason the lab never ran it.  Now I have to do this crazy regiment of two types of antibiotics and an antacid (which adds up to eight pills a day) for the next two weeks.  Five weeks after that, they have to do another test to see if the H Pylori is gone and if it is, then they can reschedule.

In a way it is a blessing in disguise because my busiest time at work is Sept and the beginning of October, so it will be better to get through all of that before I need to take time off.

I am still not all that happy.  It just feels like a shot right out of left field.

Did anyone else have this happen?
NeedhamGal
on 8/12/08 4:02 am - MA
It didn't happen to me...but I had to wait 9 mos for insurance so I was waitng for the shoe to drop the whole time.    I do know in a support group that Doc Lautz was present at did say they won't do surgery witht he HPylori, they will reschedule.
I know it is hard when you have "your date" and you have made numerous adjustments in your personal and work life to accomodate the surgery.  Just think of it as someone upstairs is looking out for you.   I think you have a good attitude already by rationalizing the date change with work committments.
You will have the surgery....just a calendar flip away!

Good luck...and I see you are a Brigham's gal.....come to support.
1st Tuesday of the Month/Carrie Hall.

Joan
azorbas11
on 8/12/08 4:20 am - Revere, MA
Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for responding!  You know?  I think I met you at the June support group.  I missed the July and August but everyone was great at that first group.

Hopefully I will get to the Sept group.

I know things will turn out for the better and there is some reason this happened.

Thanks again!

Avi
NeedhamGal
on 8/12/08 6:28 am - MA
I was there in June..so hope to see you again.
Hang in there......time will pass!!

Joan
CarolWannabe
on 8/13/08 5:57 am - Pepperell, MA
Avi -  Think of it as a positive thing.  What if ...........and then who knows what the outcome would have been after surgery.  You will be surprised at how fast the time will go by and then before you know it - you will be shakin in your boots cause the day is here !
Carol
azorbas11
on 8/13/08 6:35 am - Revere, MA
Hi Carol - thank you!  The more I think of it, it definitely is a blessing in disguise.  The time will pass quickly because work will be extremely busy and taking time off in October/November will make more sense as well.

My 30th birthday is in November and I had hoped to have the surgery and be feeling great for it.  Now we have decided, this will just be the best birthday present I can give myself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views