OT-Great weekend activity

NeedhamGal
on 8/10/08 10:55 am - MA

Hi..offtopic but just had to share.   Last night we took the kids to the drive in movies in Mendon, MA.   Saw Space Chimps and Dark Knight(Batman).  $20 a carload .   You can bring your lawnchairs and place them outside your car or stay in the car.    It was a lot of fun and all 4 of us enjoyed it.  From Needham the drive was just under 1 hour.   Also seemed like going to the drive -in movies didn't seem like such a food temptation!

Hope you all can get out there and have a terrific night!

Joan

Sandy E.
on 8/11/08 2:52 am - Hyannis, MA
I have always loved going to the drive-In. They are few and far between. The closest on the cape is in Welfleet. It takes about an hour to get there. I know that's not the other end of the world, but it does seem like a long drive on the way home. When I was a kid there was one in Hyannis. It was a fun family night out. I wish there were more
wicked aries
on 8/11/08 5:02 am - MA
I live about 10 minutes from the Mendon Drive in and haven't been in years! Thinking about taking my son next week, he's already seen Batman twice...LOL
Count your blessings, not your worries

Lynski
on 8/11/08 7:39 am - Central, MA
We have a drive-in up here in the Lunenburg area.  This is the last summer to enjoy it though.  They are tearing it down to put in condos.  At least I think it is condos.  Very sad - like we need MORE condos.
Actually, we used to have 2 in town.  Now both will be gone.

This is me on my way to Tahiti!!
NeedhamGal
on 8/12/08 10:42 am - MA
what a shame.....I think there were only like 4 left in the state....maybee the state will be down to two.

you are right....we need more condos in a depressed housing market...uggh.

Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views